Chapter 10

Ears ringing, head pounding, my eyes slowly open. Looking around, I'm in a white eight by twelve foot cell. The walls are vengestone so there ain't no fire balls being thrown.

Sitting up, I get to my feet, taking in my surrounding areas. Looking at the door, a camera can be seen with a flashing light. I'm being watched. Well, I'mma have fun.

Flipping the bird, I go to the center of the room and sit in the lotus postion. Calming my breathing, I go deep into meditation. The sound of the door opening has me opening my eyes and I'm on the defence.

A man walks in, he holds vengestone cuffs. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." He says. I raise my fists at that but a presence behind me has me looking at a big guy. One I know very well.

Killow looks down at me, I look at the boss and straighten up. Placing my hands on my head, I turn around to face Killow. "Wise choose." The boss grips my hand, I grab it and flip hem over my shoulder.

Twisting his arm, he cries in pain. "I'm only cooperating cause I have something to live for. I'll behave til than." I threaten. Letting go, he rounds on me, clips my leg and I'm on the floor. The cuffs clip on my wrists and I'm picked up.

Set on my feet, I follow the boss. We walk a good while. Coming to a room, a catwalk is suspended over open top cells. "I hold the most dangerous criminals, some are just too dangerous for their own realm." The boss says.

One of the criminals jump up, only to be electrocuted by an unseeable field. "So, where do I fall in this. I'm a bounty hunter." I say. Boss starts laughing. "But, before that, you were a gangster. You killed innocents." I lounge at Boss.

Killow grabs me, holding me. "I'm making it right. I'm making it right for my son, for my family and friends." I yell. The boss nods at Killow. I'm held over the catwalk, above a cell. The boss nods again and I'm dropped.

Passing through the field, I crash into the floor. Getting up, I jump and bring my hands infront. "What the hell, I made a deal with The Commissioner. He agreed to let me go free if I captured thugs." I yell.

Footsteps sound. "Did you really think it would be that easy." The Commissioner says, walking along the catwalk. I growl "We had a deal." I yell. "You still have to pay the time. Do the crime, pay the time. But, you did reduce your sentence to a year, be greatful. It was gonna be life." I yell, scream and cuss The Commissioner out as he leaves.

Soon, I resolve to my fate and sit down. "It could be worse." I look, a guy is against the bars of his cell. Going over, I see his pale skin. He has a hood on so I can't see his face.

"You could have been forced to live the rest of your days here. I'm Lucifer." He says. "Kai." I sit beside hem.

"I wouldn't get too close, I haven't fed in years." Lucifer says. I look closer and his eyes are blood red. "Your a vampire." I say. He nods, reaching a hand to the bars but gets shocked.

I saw what he was wanting to grab, placing the cuff at the bars, he uses a nail and picks the locks. The manacles fall and I rub my wrists. "So, can I ask." He says. I cock my head to the side. "Whats your boy look like." Lucifer asks.

Pulling my wallet out and pulling the picture of me and Light, his eyes light up. "He's cute as a botton." Lucifer says. I smile and hold the picture to my chest.

"Yeah, he's only two." I say. Lucifer smiles. "You better sleep, they don't shut the lights off." Lucifer says. Pulling my hood up, leaning on the bars, I close my eyes.

Lucifer begins coughing, he needs blood and I'll help hem. Falling into an uneasy sleep, I make that promise.