Part 23. Unknown Aptitude

Hey guys, thank you for all the support and kind words all of you sent me on the note previously. I'm going to respond to each of you soon. In the meanwhile, I hope all of you enjoy this chapter. It's not a romantic chapter but something filled with a lot of 'reality'. I hope you all like it and would love to know more about it from you guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the boys came back with a lot of beer and a whole lot of board games together. Dhruv was holding the two large beer crates where Manik and Cabir had their hands full with the board games.

Cabir - Manik, hume saare board games lene ki zaroorat nahi thi. We won't play all of them today.

Manik - Haan but we can play the others later. We don't have to go and buy them every single time.

They placed all the games down on the dining table.

Manik - Dhruv, beer butlers ko de de to put in the refrigerator.

Dhruv - Okay.

Cabir - I think the girls are getting ready.

Just then, Nandini came in to see the whole bunch of board games she had mentioned earlier.

Nandini - Itne saare games kyu lekar aaye. One or two would've been fine na?

Cabir - Tumhare boyfriend se poocho. Saari shop lekar aaya.

Nandini knew he did that because she was mad at him but she didn't acknowledge it.

Nandini - Great. Tum log sab shower kar ke aa jao. I'll order lunch abhi. What do you all want to eat for lunch? I was thinking we'll call for Chinese food?

Cabir - Sounds good.

Nandini - Great. Tum log fresh ho jao. I'll get everything else in order.

Manik was trying to catch Nandini's eye but she consciously looked away and went into the kitchen. Manik decided to just go have a shower as he could see that she was still pissed off and wouldn't talk to him with so many people around.

A couple of hours later, the whole mansion was loud and noisy with everyone screaming and laughing and fighting over the games they were playing. They played some 10 rounds of Jenga as the thought of combining it with Truth and Dare was appealing to all of them. However, after the first two games, they only cared about ensuring that the brick tower doesn't fall down. Once all of them were tired playing Jenga, they all decided to take a break and have lunch. They all settled down and Nandini asked Manik to call his Dad for lunch.

Nandini - Manik, go call your Dad for lunch.

Manik didn't want to go to his Dad owing to his argument with him last night. But he knew that if he refused, Nandini would get even more pissed off than she already was. So he decided to just get over his pride and call his Dad.

Once Manik's Dad came down, they all started having lunch and everyone continued discussing and fighting about the game they had just played.

Cabir - This Mukti. Humesha tu hi woh tower tod deti hai. You let it fall 4 out of 10 times.

Mukti - Oye. Main kya karu? Tum log uska foundation weak kar dete ho toh not my fault. I didn't have an option to pick that piece.

Alya - But I think this board game idea was so much fun. We should do this more often.

Manik - I know. Har baar we only drink, dance and listen to music. This was fun for a change.

Navya - Ab koi aur game khelte hai. Manik kitne saare games lekar aaya hai.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें