Thirteen

Of course. There was a entire studio hidden inside of the log cabin, she couldn't camouflage the awe on her face as a deep blue colored hue filtered her vision. Mood lighting. Or, actually was that for technical use? 

She stepped inside of the creative space, skimming over all of his belongings with her eyes.

She guessed the cabin must've been used as a second home for him at one point of his early life, as there was plenty equipment hooked up to random devices, and ready for use.

Slater walked ahead like it was normal and nothing remarkable to ogle over, drawing his chair out from behind his massive computer screen.

He didn't stand there and take any regard towards her fascination, she moved swiftly to get nearer to him, as he sat down and began to type away at the keyboard.

"Wow, this is all so... cool?" Rika announced, noticing the leather black sofa opposite him, predicting that was where his guests probably sat.

Where should she sit? The couch? Or, was she meant to stay standing...

The uncertainties were whirling around her busy psyche, she decided on the latter.

She didn't want to pester him, figuring he was being somewhat receptive by letting her in to his private place.

He was behaving strangely, though his attitude was his regular unsettling self, he didn't seem to be giving her a hard time.

Rika most definitely did not want to change that by getting on his last nerve.

She briefly theorized that getting on his last nerve was something she managed to be on the end receiver of, on one-too-many occasions.

Maybe, she was truly overbearing to be around? She grimaced, she had never thought of it like that before but it was making sense.

Throaty vibrations filled her ears, bringing her back down to planet earth. "Huh?" chest heaving up and down, the dress she was wearing was rather tight for her. It was a knit bodycon, that hugged her curves, with a V cutout displaying a little bit of cleavage.

Well, it would be deemed as a little bit of cleaveage for those who were wearing their correct dress size.

She hadn't noticed the holiday weight gain, not until she had tried her dress on that very morning. Not having a spare change of clothes for the rest of the time being, she was stuck with the outfits she planned out to wear. Today was the black knitted bodycon day. And so, she decided to wear it in the hopes that the forgiving black shade would disguise everything.

Luckily, the modest length of it falling below her knees and the full sleeves made it so that there was room to forgive her busty rack being on show.

"I said come here, you can't see anything from over there." Slater repeated, a hint of irritation to his snippy tone.

Oh, that was right, he hated to repeat himself.

She had found that out the hard way.

"Okay," muttered the nanny, she came to stand right next to him, able to see all the different screens and the humongous computer screen.

Leaning back in his chair, he pressed a button that played the first track.

Immediately, as a deeper familiar voice entered her ears, her eyes widened. "Oh my god, is that-"

"He had a massive hissy fit because I told him to redo one of his verses. A big, industry baby." The way he was explaining it would usually have made her want to laugh, but there was no way she could concentrate.