Soulmate

What if? When you reach 18, you can communicate with your soulmate through telepathy?

Cyan as Lisa
Erin as Jennie

Erin's POV

"Hi, I'm Cyan." I was startled by the not-so-loud voice I heard.

I roam my eyes around the Library and saw no one.

It's 5 p. m. and there are ghost stories around the University. I started to have goosebumps as I heard the voice again.

"Hi? Yuhooo"

I fix my stuffs there is no way someone said that, the Librarian is far from me.

"No no please if you are a ghost please stop. I am afraid don't come out I might faint huhu" I internally said to the ghost I heard.

When I was about to open the door.

"What do you mean?" the voice replied.

How the fuck?

"I am Cyan. I can hear your thoughts."

Am I crazy? What the hell is happening?

"Huh? Are you nuts? I am your soulmate"

I continue to walk home.

"Hey what's your name?"

I didn't know why am I hearing things maybe I've gone mad.

"Stop telling yourself you are crazy I told you, I am your soulmate. I am Cyan"

I open my door and an empty one room space welcomes me.

My living room, kitchen, dining area and bedroom are in the same place with no boundaries.

Maybe that's what it is when you are an orphan. No one wants to adopt me so when I turned 18 I choose to leave the orphanage and enroll to a public university

"Now that explains why you don't know the myth" the voice said again cutting my thoughts

What?

"The myth, that when you turned 18 you can talk to your soulmate using your brain."

But I turned 18 last year?

"Maybe because I just turned 18 today"

Oh so today is the voice's birthday?

"I still can hear you."

I--- Okay my bad. Happy birthday then, Cyan?

"Yes! I am Cyan, state your name Miss, please?"

I don't know but I can imagine the owner of the voice pouting right now.

"I'll just act like I didn't heard that, and no I'm not pouting"

Erin is the name.
------
I am standing in the middle of the room while my professor is shouting her anger out.

"Miss Erin, I am asking you who qouted 'Truth is the beginning of every good to the gods, and of every good to man.' that is very simple and you can't even answer me?!"

I didn't study last night how am I supposed to know who said truth is the beginning whatever whatever

"Plato, Erin."

Thank you, C

"It's Plato, Miss"

So I guess Cyan is really a smart kid.

As the time goes by I learned how to control my communication with C.

But sometimes I don't notice that Cyan can hear my thoughts there is a time I've been thinking of how lizards have sex and Cyan heard it all.

She teased me for a whole week because of that.
-----
I am drinking my morning coffee and I think of something.

Good morning, Cyan.

"Hi Erin, good morning"

I was just wondering, how do you want your soulmate to look like? If I wasn't your soulmate what is your ideal?

"Maybe I want a tall blonde chick"
she laughs after saying that but I don't know why my heart sting a little

"A gamer so she can play with me"

I see.
------
Months passed and Cyan has been talking to me but I wasn't responding.

"Hi Erin, it's been months I didn't catch your surname I don't know if you are dead or you just don't want to talk to me but please tell me if you are fine"

I can sense the loneliness in her voice but I decided to ignore it.
------
My brain is really occupied because I got tons of work to do.

I decided to go to the nearest café near the University before walking home.

The tall girl infront of me is looking so fine.

"Hmmm should I get a latte or an espresso?" Cyan said

I miss Cyan, I admit but I don't want her to regret when she see me, I am not her type.

But hey she is in the café too.

Argh I really hate research I am thinking of my research proposal then its my turn to order.

Maybe I should get an espresso, Nick Nooks' espresso are the best

" One espresso please"

The cashier is about to get my payment when then girl infront of me earlier drop her coffee.

"Erin?"

"Cyan?"

_______

Your comments are highly appreciated please let me know if you liked this, thank you have a nice day!