Chapter 60

"Make sure no one sees you, I'm going to search for the girl

"Make sure no one sees you, I'm going to search for the girl."

Fully paralyzed, I stood in there the darkness, trying to swallow the sudden lump that had formed in my throat. I bit my dry lips as I could already notice the familiar feeling building up in me that I once also felt due to the presence of NCT.
My heartbeat now alarmingly fast, my fingers clutching onto Donghyuck's shirt tense and my arm hair that slowly started to stand up.

Blazing flames of rage that grew bigger and bigger with every breath I took, the sleeping beast within me threatening to get out of control at any moment.

Over the last few days I had long forgotten how intense my hatred for SVT actually was, only now reminded of it by the unstoppable, warm and tingling sensation that continuously spread throughout my entire body.
I unpleasant goose bumps formed all over me, while my breathing slowly but surely became irregular as my chest rose and fell insensely.

Apparently Donghyuck had noticed my change in behavior despite the darkness and I could feel him taking his hand off my hip, carefully searching for my hand instead.
It didn't take him long unti his fingertips gently touched mine, intertwining our hands before he began to draw little circle with his thumb on my skin.

Unconsciously, I a tense sigh left my lips,  not realizing that the boy's simple action indeed calmed my spirit down a bit, even if only minimally.

"Are you sure she's going to this school?

"Yeah, Wonwoo told us he saw her after following some of NCT's members."

Once again, my heart made a jump and I didn't have to listen anything new to know that they were clearly talking about me. The last I confrontation I had had with one from SVT was just a week ago and thanks to Donghyuck's constant presence, I had completely forgotten about it.

"DK and I will take care of the rest, let's get going."

Not a second later, the indistinct voices fell silent and were replaced by the sound of steps that seemed to move further and further away.
Somewhat overpowered by my own flaming feelings, I tried to slow down my racing heart, definitely aware that Donghyuck could feel my rapid pulse. He didn't stop for a second to gently caress my skin with his fingers, silently waiting with me for the situation to be completely safe.

After several minutes had passed, the older one finally let go of my hands, the lack of warmth directly noticeable within me.
I quickly shook the thought off though, not the time to let my mind wander in such a direction, and watched the sudden light came into the room as the student attentively opened the door before peeking through the small gap.

"They're gone", he spoke again at normal volume and pushed the door open, my eyes automatically being blinded by the contrasting brightness.

I hastily blinked at the light and tried to adjust to it while Donghyuck had already stepped out of the room and was frantically typing on his own phone. His teeth chewed restlessly on his rosy lips while his right foot hectically tapped on the floor.