Chapter 57

On her way to meet everyone at Hogs Head, she stopped at the owlery to see if anyone had written and to her surprise she received an interesting letter, from an interesting Weasley.

_____________

Maeve,

Fred will probably hate me and send me some type of hexed letter in the mail for this. But, I understand you will be graduating this year and I wanted to offer you a job at my camp. Dad told me about your gift and I think it would come really in handy when it comes to taking care of my dragons and you're a Scamander, so I know you're great with creatures. Also when I met you, you weren't afraid of them, so I know you'd do amazing up here. There is spot for you here, and i'd love for you to join. It's in Romania, so it's a bit far from Fredo, i know. But think about it, you don't seem like someone who would want to go into the Ministry. Let me know, hope to hear back soon.

-Charlie

_______________

She was actually really interested in the job, it would be a dream to work with dragons. But what would Fred think, would he hate her. Would he want to break up. He knows how much she loves creatures, so he would understand wouldn't he?

 When she got in to the pub she saw several Hogwarts students sitting in the back of the pub, then she made it to the twins who were sitting with Julia.

"Who wrote to you?" George asked, watching her stuff the letter in her pocket.

"Um.. Your brother."

The twins shared a confused look.

"Ron?" Fred asked.

"No. Um Charlie..." she could see the disappointment in Freds eyes.

"Why?"

"Um her offered me a job. In Romania, with the dragons." She smiled

"Hell yeah, Maeve! That's amazing!" George laughed, high-fiving her, she pretended not to notice Fred's face and smiled back at George.

"I'm proud of you Mae." Julia pulled her into a hug.

The meeting had begun, and Fred kept eyeing her.

"Fred, if you have something to say. Say it." She whispered at him

"You gonna do it?" He asked, in a bit of a harsh tone.

"I don't know. Maybe." She shrugged

They were interrupted by Hermione. Maeve was annoyed with how he was acting

"Hi everyone, I thought it would be a good idea if we met and talked over how we wanted to teach ourselves Defense Against the Dark Arts. Because we need to learn it properly, not the rubbish Umbridge is doing."

"Hear! Hear!" The twins sang. Maeve would of laughed but she was a bit hurt with how Fred was treating her.

"Obviously this will help us pass our O.W.L.S but more importantly it gives us the ability to protect ourselves from Lord Voldemort."

Maeve felt her body freeze, she was brought back to the summer. His voice, the snakes voice. George squeezed her shoulder, sending her a smile.

"How do we really know you-know-who- is back?" Zacharias Smith asked

"Because Dumbledore says, you tosspot!" Ron spat

"So Dumbledore says, cause he says." he pointed at Harry.

"Maybe he can talk about more of how Diggory got killed." A Ravenclaw boy asked. Maeve can sense that Harry was uncomfortable with that, she was uncomfortable with it. At same time the twins both grabbed her hands. But she shot up.