Chapter 12

Michael and I started to plan when we would start training and came to the conclusion on Friday at night. After he left, I got a stern talking to from my brothers about how he is dangerous and that I need to stay away from him. They are being such hypocrites seeing as how they are probably worse than he is, but I kept my mouth shut. I ended up getting grounded for an additional week, which I honestly didn't even care about. They also asked about how I knew how to speak Russian, so I told them that I learned in school even though that is only partly true. I actually took Italian in school, though there is no record of it, and Russian was something I learned from Liam.

The next couple of days dragged on and then it was finally Friday. Dinner was the same as it always was, but throughout it, I was trying to figure out a lie to tell them. 

"Hey, I'm not really feeling well. I think that I might go to bed early. Is that okay?" I said. 

"Yes. That is fine. Do you have a fever?" Nico asked. 

"No, I think that it is just because of the stress the first week of school caused." He lets me go and I walk upstairs to my bedroom. I get my gym bag that I packed earlier that day and sneak out my window. Luckily there is a tree next to it so I climb down and walk to the gate where Michael is waiting for me. I hop on his motorcycle and we take off to his family's gym. The adrenaline I get from riding a motorcycle is so calming, just feeling the breeze and seeing everything pass by in a blur.

As we get set up at the gym, he tells me that his parents questioned him as well. We also talk a little more about our family situations, which apparently for him isn't any better. It actually got a little worse; his parents now yell rather than ignore him. When I lived with my parents, they ignored me, then it turned into yelling, and finally became physical. I told Michael this and also said that he should be careful. 

"I should be telling you that, not the other way around." he said. And with that, we started training. He attempted to punch me, which I blocked and then I roundhouse kicked him, causing him to fall. I laugh, but he takes advantage of me being distracted and sweeps my leg out from under me. 

This goes on for the next hour and then we decide to take a break. We sit on the bench while drinking water. 

"So, do your brothers know about the abuse?" he asked. 

"No, I don't want them to think of me as broken or damaged. They already don't like me as is." I let a tear slip out and he wraps his arm around me. 

"I still think you should talk to someone. It doesn't have to be them, but maybe an adult you trust." 

"Big bro, you are technically an adult." He laughs a little and then turns serious again. 

"You know what I mean. I can tell what happened affected you more than you want to admit, but it isn't good to keep your emotions bottled up." I look at him through my tear filled eyes. 

"Letting myself lose it in front of others make me feel weak and that is all my parents ever made me feel. Why did you think that I was so upset when you guys left? You and Liam were the only people I could show my true self too. Does it look like I am emotionless right now? I'm crying right now in front of you and I cry myself to sleep ever night because there is no one that can judge me." My voice started as a whisper, but now I was full on yelling.

He looked so sad for me, I could see it written all over his face as tears run down his cheeks. 

"Then come to me or Liam whenever you feel like this. Come to us to rant or to cry or even to just scream. Let us be there for you. Use us as a resource rather than going straight to the blade to cut yourself. It hurts knowing how much pain you are in, whether it is mentally or physically. You may have not had anyone for the past few months, but you do now and don't forget that. Please." Michael was pleading to me at this point, and it warmed my heart seeing how much he cared about me. 

I give in and say, "Okay, I promise and thank you Michael. I really needed to hear that." 

We stay there for a few more minutes before he finally gets up and says, "Okay, time to get your ass up. We got to get you ready to fight underground." He knew that I always hate the silence that follows the sentimental stuff. 

I let out a small smile, take a quick sip of my water, and stand up as well. "Well then, let's do this." 

We then fight for another thirty minutes before its time to leave. It has been a while since I had a good training session so I knew I would be sore in the morning. When I get home, I take a shower and then go to bed with a smile on my face. This is probably weird, seeing as how I had a breakdown and trained until my limbs felt like jelly, but today was the most fun I had in a while.