Feelings

Chapter 12

Saturday, October 1st, 5pm

I lean closer to my bathroom mirror, carefully applying a thin layer of mascara to my eyelashes. With a great amount concentration, I stick my tongue out, trying carefully to shape them the way I want to. The thick liquid clumps slightly on my lashes and I curse under my breath in annoyance.

I'm trying to do my makeup without getting anything on my new, floral printed dress that I'd picked out just for the occasion. It's somewhat of a mission, considering the fact that I cannot do makeup to save my life.

I huff angrily at how they start to resemble tarantula legs.

A pair of large, rough hands rest themselves on my waist from behind me. Glancing in the mirror, I see Jungkook eyeing me with a clouded glint in his doe eyes. He gnaws at his lip and raises his eyebrows.

His hair is still damp from me having washed it in the stink. A few stray locks cling to his forehead, making him look even more attractive. I avert my gaze quickly, not wanting to stare for too long.

Apparently, he hadn't washed his hair since 1997.

"You don't have to look this gorgeous, my Angel," he says, caressing my waist. "We're only going over to Jin's and Jimin's place. You're dressed for a date," Jungkook whines indignantly. He burries his head in my hair and inhales loudly.

One thing that I've learnt about living with Jungkook is that he has no sense of personal space and that he is very touchy.

I glare at his reflection and knock his hands off me that have sneakily made their way onto my hips. His arms falls to his side with a depressing thud.

"We're going to a dinner party! Do you expect me to look like a slob?" I turn my nose at his scruffy T-shirt and jeans that he always wears.
"Didn't they have dinner parties back in eighteen hundreds, old man?" I retort, trying to irk him. He hates when I tease him for being "old".

"Eighteen hundreds? I'm 23!" He protests but then stops suddenly.
"Wait no, I think I'm actually somewhere closer to 43." Jungkook hold his chin in faux confusion. He giggles at how I scrunch up my nose in displeasure.

"Ew, don't put it that way," I whack him on the chest and he winces.

"But, Angel, I'm old enough to be your dad!"

"Okay Daddy Jeon, get out of my way so I can do my makeup," he blushes deeply at my daddy comment and I laugh, shoving him out of my way. He tries to grab my waist again but I dodge his ministrations.

I attempt to apply winged eyeliner, but my wrist shakes slightly and I just narrowly miss jabbing myself in the eye. I stare at the mirror in disdain deciding that I look good enough. I'm not about to poke my eyeballs out, that's for sure.

"Well, I guess that's it," I sigh heavily and run my hands through my hair. Jungkook pouts at me and his eyes scrutinizes my appearance.

"You know what? You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

His left eye visibly twitches.

"Are you trying to impress Jimin or something?" Jungkook clenches his jaw and narrows gaze at me.

I stare at him in amusement and slight disbelief. Can't a girl look nice without having to impress a man? Isn't that how it worked in this century, at least?

But then again, I suppose that Jungkook's social expectations are about 20 years outdated so I decide not to hold it against him.

"Shut it, Jeon. Don't be a jealous little boy. I'm a big girI, I can dress how I want," I say and push my way passed him and out of the bathroom. I purposely sway my hips as I walk, just to get on his nerves.