59. HOT CHOCOLATE

59. HOT CHOCOLATE

"ALIYAH, SHOULD I BE concerned?" The surgeon looks down at his girlfriend who's spread across the floor of his living room, wrapping paper scattered around her

"ALIYAH, SHOULD I BE concerned?" The surgeon looks down at his girlfriend who's spread across the floor of his living room, wrapping paper scattered around her. She's bent at the hips, her spandex riding up into her coochie as she tries to wrap whatever it is she's wrapping.

Elijah, instead, was sat on the couch, his laptop in front of him as he studies for one of his surgeries tomorrow.

"Why would you be concerned?" She groans when she realizes that she messed up. Unraveling the gift for the third time in thirty minutes, she starts again.

Her boyfriend narrows his eyes, "You've been sitting in one spot for a whole forty-five minutes. Doesn't your back hurt?"

She responds as quickly as he finishes his sentence, "Oh yeah, it's killing me, but I ain't gon' move 'till this is perfect."

Elijah blinks, "Huh."

"'Huh' what?" Aliyah questions, her voice starting to sound muffled as she leans closer to the gift to form the perfect crease.

"Hmm?" Elijah's questioning hum was meant to be innocent, but Aliyah caught up on his tone.

"Don't hmm? me - you know exactly what I'm talking about." She leans back, hearing as her back pops.

Elijah chuckles and continues typing away on his laptop, "I just didn't know you loved Christmas this much."

Aliyah throws her head back, exaggeratedly, a loud laugh bubbling out of her, "Oh, baby. Christmas is my shit." Elijah watches in surprise as she rests her back against the floor, rolls onto her stomach, and pushes herself up to stand. She approaches him, a wide smile on her face as she removes the MacBook from his lap and plops herself down on it, instead. She wraps her arms around his neck while he wraps his around her waist, "The lights, the music, the hot chocolate, the sorrel."

Before Elijah can even question what that is, Aliyah pecks his lips.

"Oh, baby, Imma teach you." With that, Aliyah kisses him again, a wide smile breaking out on her face as Elijah tickles her sides. "Boy, don't you dare."

"Who's the gift for, anyway?" The surgeon questions, peeking around his girlfriend's shoulder to the floor.

"Kyree," She sighs, shifting her body down so she can rest her head on his chest. He runs a hand down her back, soothingly before pecking her forehead, "He said he wanted an Apple Watch like he can even read the time."