Chapter 2

Vivian and Emma were in the pit that their captors had dragged them in after they tried to escape. Vivian stood beside Emma as they watched Cora checking Mary Margaret over to see if she's bleeding or just knocked out cold.

"You sure she's gonna be okay?" Emma asked her.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine," Cora said as she stood up.

"What is this place? Where are we?" Emma asked.

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven," Cora said.

"Haven from what?" Vivian asked.

"The world's dangerous, what's left of it, anyway..." Cora said.

"Well, they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong," Emma said.

"Neither did I," Cora told them.

"Then why are you here?" Emma asked.

"I'm here because of something my daughter did. The curse that ravaged this land, she cast it," Cora said.

"Regina... You're Regina's mother?" Emma said and glanced at Vivian.

"Yes, but you've nothing to fear from me. The apple fell very far from the tree. You're from over there, aren't you? How did you get back?" Cora asked.

"Emma, Vivian," Mary Margaret began getting up as she held her head and saw Cora, "No."

"Oh, Snow. You're awake. I'm so relieved," Cora said.

Mary Margaret turned to Emma, "As bad as you think Regina's is, this woman is worse," She told her daughter.

"Oh, Snow. Sweet Snow, please. Believe me, whatever she told you isn't true. I just want to help you," Cora said.

"Let's hear her out," Emma said.

"Emma," Vivian said.

"Okay, right now, we are at the bottom of a hole with no other options and Henry is back in Storybook with Regina," Emma said and Vivian rolled her eyes.

"Who's Henry?" Cora asked.

"My son, I kind of share him with Regina. It's complicated," Emma said.

"Don't talk to her," Mary Margaret said.

"Enough!" They all looked up to see a man toss down a rope, "Our leader requests an audience."

As the three women stood waiting for the village's leader, Vivian looked at her locket and smiled a little as Emma and Mary Margaret talked about Emma not listening to Mary Margaret

"Why can't you just listen to me?" Mary Margaret asked her daughter.

"Why couldn't you have trusted me? I was just trying to find a way to get us home. I could've handled her," Emma said.