Chapter 45

It's been nearly a month since the reconstruction process began and the Helios is already dismantled, with construction on the way for the new and improved Helios. They seem to have overestimated the time frame I think; then again you never know what can happen. We still have enemies out there, that are probably plotting some new attack against us. The sharing of technology is I think the most important aspect of this whole thing, as I see it anyway.

My comm chirps. "Go ahead."

"Sir, you have a visitor." Man, I really don't want to talk to any one right now.

"who is it Corporal?" It better not be the Engineer again, or so help me I'm going to strangle him.

"It's your Wife Sir." I practically jump off my seat to the door; opening it up and seeing Jahní after almost three weeks, is like a breath of fresh air in this place. "Princess, please come in."

She smiles inclining her head, as she steps into my office. Closing the door behind me turning to see that she takes the seat by the window, with the view to the Helios. I sit down next to Jahní taking her hand in mine. "So, this is a surprise!" She gazes at me with her beautiful silver eyes for a while not saying anything. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, things are fine, but I wanted to see you." Her belly is now visible, though not big it can now be seen. She's just radiant. while I'm here working missing some of the important moments, with my wife. "I miss you very much and I feel cold without you by my side. I... wish to stay here for a few days if that is alright."

I chuckle. "You know, I was thinking about young how much I miss your company." I look out of the window to the Helios. "You can stay as long as you wish." She scoots closer to me wrapping her arms around me pulling me into her planting a kiss on my lips and I return it, without hesitation. "Do you have a lot of luggage?" Jahní laughs. Yeah I'm sure she has enough.

I get us settled in to a larger stateroom, which the station commander was more than happy to find for us. She sits down on the bed with a hand over her belly; Is it next to her and put my hand on there as well. Smiling she puts her head on my shoulder and I feel so relaxed now, that I actually feel tired.

"Do you want to sleep? Lately I've been sleepy and I can lay my head down right now." Oh, that's why. I'm feeling her need to rest, though to be honest I could use some shut eye. I really haven't been resting much these days.

"You know yeah I could do with some down time." I call Tom and let him know that I going to call it a day. He agrees that I have to rest more often, I reluctantly ascent  to his observation. We lay down having some pillow talk and soon my eyes are so heavy, and Jahní is already passed out. well I guess there's no point in fighting it off.

The next day I'm in shuttle two docking at the lead Engineer's office. Upon Entering I walk into an argument between Tom and Dohán-tahk. "No one cleared this with me!"

"I am the lead Engineer of this project, how can I work if I have to seek permission for everything I see will help!" Dohán seems very put out.

"Captain, thank God you're here. Our esteemed lead Engineer has brought on two more of his people without being vetted by me or you." Now that is a problem that we have to take care of, before this can continue.

I put my hand up for him to let me talk, now that I see what going on. "Dohán-tahk, you need to understand that although you are the lead Engineer, this is our ship and no one will touch even the dust of the Helios, without my ok. Do you understand."

He glances away very annoyed. "Very well I will send them to you, to be interviewed."

I smile shaking my head. "No, Mr. Bocage can handle that. After all he is the Chief Engineer of the Helios." Dohán looks at Tom with an unpleasant expression, but he relents to my authority. This could turn into a real problem if I'm not careful.