{No Friends}

Tommy walked through the over crowded halls, weaving through students. He had transferred to the school only a week ago and he already had a bad reputation. He got into a fight his first day defending this shorter boy who was getting picked on by some jerks. The boy had straight brown hair, blue eyes, wore a green button-up shirt with some parts unbuttoned and jeans as well as a pair of white sneakers with bees painted onto them.

He hadn't bothered to ask his name, just helping him to the nurse's office, patching him up and leaving. The entire time he was there he didn't utter a single word. At that point everyone thought the fourteen year old was mute. He also had a bit of an...incident with the locker the previous week. It hadn't been fun and he wished he didn't have to go to the school but he didn't wanna bother Wilbur about it. He didn't wanna add any extra stress onto his older brother's life. He had been such a good brother because Wilbur picked him up right after that incident. He didn't wanna worry the older.

He wore his signature red and white shirt and cargo shorts, his backpack lazily slung over one shoulder as he made his way through the halls. Why was it always so crowded? Do people not know what space is? The building always set off his claustrophobia but to a smaller extent than what he was previously used to.

His long legs were an advantage for him, allowing him to make his way to his locker quickly and leave even faster. He noticed a familiar brunette waiting by his locker, which made him freeze slightly and gulp down anxiety that was rising within himself. Tommy stopped right next to the boy, head tilted with an eyebrow raised as he waited for him to speak. The other didn't seem to mind the nonverbal greeting he got from the other, smiling up at him.

"Hi, I'm Toby, or Tubbo. Just wanted to say thanks about last week," he spoke sweetly, a happy tone. That was definitely different than what he was used to from other kids. From Wilbur sometimes? Of course. People his age? Never before. "I was also wondering if we could be friends?" He seemed to fiddle with his hands and look down, his smile becoming nervous as he asked the question. Tommy had become very good at reading people over the years, only being talkative with his brother and his older friends, although he always referred to them as family.

The blonde stuck one of his hands out. "Tommy. And that sounds...nice," the boy seemed to practically glow at the fact that he spoke, the kids around them letting out gasps as they finally heard his voice. "Awesome!" Tubbo excitedly responded, shaking the hand. He seemed different, and Tommy was willing to give him a chance. Wilbur always said to give certain people chances, and to try and make friends with at least one person, so what harm could this do?

With that the two talked throughout the day. It was mostly Tubbo talking since Tommy didn't like speaking much with people he didn't know very well. This happened with his older brother back when they first met, the blonde warming up to the man. "Do you wanna hangout after school?" The shorter questioned, looking up at the other. "Er- yeah okay. I'm sure my brother won't mind," he commented with a small chuckle at the end. "Okay! Where do you wanna go?" He asked once again, full of more energy than the blonde. "My apartment, I guess," the taller suggested with a shrug.

Tubbo smiled up at him. "Sounds like a plan! I'll meet you at your locker after class, yeah?" He watched as the blonde nodded his head before waving a goodbye as he made his way to his last class. The younger sighed and shook his head with a smile as he started making his way to his own class, pulling his phone out to text his brother.

'The back better not have junk in it, having a friend come over after school :)'

He shoved the phone into his pocket as he walked into the classroom. He felt sort of excited for the school day to end. Not because of the bullying but more because he finally made a friend who he was gonna hang out with afterwards.

The entire hour he impatiently tapped his pencil against his leg and kept glancing at the clock, wishing time could just move faster. The second he heard the bell ring his stuff was already shoved into his backpack as he quickly left the room just like every other day he had been going to this hellhole. He swiftly made his way to his locker and grabbed everything else he needed to take home and put them into his backpack. He heard footsteps approaching and looked up from the ground when he saw bees painted onto the sides of the white shoes.

He smiled at the boy, it was small and soft. He got a large and practically sparking grin in return. "You ready?" He asked, getting a hum from the blonde as he shut his locker door, back pack slung over one shoulder. "Follow me, I'm sure Wil's gonna love meeting you," Tubbo nodded his head. "Your brother sounds awesome from what you've told me!" He chirped out, skipping slightly as he walked, looking over to see Tommy nodding his head in quick agreement. "He's great," the taller smiled.

The two chatted, mostly Tubbo did the talking, as they walked out the building and towards a white mini van parked at the front of the school, a man wearing a beanie over messy curly brown hair with a light grey sweater on was in the right side of the car, sitting behind the steering wheel. He seemed to be looking down at his phone, a small smile and faint dancing on his lips. Tommy chuckled, slamming his hands on the window to scare his brother, which worked as the man screamed and jumped in his seat. The blonde couldn't stop himself from laughing and soon his friend joined in as well as his brother.

The window rolled down and the muffled laughter was soon heard. "Get in the car little gremlin," he reached out and ruffled the boy's hair before turning and smiling sweetly at the shorter boy. "Nice to meet you, I'm Wilbur," he offered his hand to shake, which the boy did immediately. "I know, Tommy talks about you a lot. I'm Toby, but I go by Tubbo," The bee loving boy introduced with a grin. Tommy could be heard whining slightly, embarrassed that his brother might think he's weird talking about him. The man simply smiled back at him and chuckled. "Glad to know," he said softly, watching as both boys buckled up in the back.

The duo spent the rest of the car ride and afternoon talking with one another, Wilbur occasionally butting in with jokes. The two young teens ended up watching TV while the older cooked them dinner, having called Tubbo's parents to introduce himself and let them know where their son was and see when they wanted him home.

By the time they were done with dinner the two had gone to Tommy's room to play Minecraft, Wilbur having to get on another call as the brunette's parents let him know they were driving over to pick up their son in ten minutes. "Tubbo! Your parents are gonna be here in about ten minutes!" He called out to the boy, the apartment he and his brother lived in being not very large. "Got it!" He heard the older of the two call back.

Soon enough, the teens said their goodbyes as the Smith family drove off. As they walked back up to their apartment. The blonde seemed happy that he made a friend, his older brother ruffling his hair fondly as the boy whines in protest. "I like Tubbo, he seems like a good kid," the man commented, getting a hum of agreement from the teen.

"Yeah, he is,"

/\
\/
Words: 1371