Chapter 19

Okay, so I know many people are annoyed by Rose, and trust me, I understand! But there's a reason why she's like that. If I made her confess everything then it would just ruin the future plot. However, for those who are really irritated, I'll try to tone Rose down. :)

Anyhow, enjoy!

It's hard to watch people change, but it's harder to remember who they used to be.

Chapter 19

"Rose?" The sudden voice startled me as I crumpled the note in my hand and shoved it into my pocket.

"Yes?" I ask innocently. 

"What did you just hide from me?" 

My mind pondered on what to do. Perhaps Hunter really could help. 

"Okay, I have to tell you something, but you have to promise you'll control your temper." 

"What temper?" He scoffs.

Before I could change my mind, Hunter had already reached into my sweater pocket and snatched the paper. 

"Hey! You can't do that!"

"Just did," He smirks before unraveling the note.

"Hunter, wait!" Hunter ignored my protest and began reading the words.

I saw as his face morphed from humor to shock, then finally to rage. 

"Who sent you this?" Hunter was shouting out in anger, but I knew it wasn't aiming for me. Well.. I hope not. 

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean, I really don't know.The person never put their name on it."

Hunter read the note again, his hands in fists. 

"Do you not know what this is? Rose, this is a threat to not only you, but me as well. It all connects now."

Hunter shakes his head, his eyes concentrating on the horrid note.

"The killings, Rose, they all match up.Someone's attacking my pack and their going after my mate and pack members. Except, the killings started more then a week ago, and you just got this now, I assume." 

I look away from Hunter's haunting eyes.

"Right?" Hunter asked loudly.

"Rose, please tell me this is the first note you got." 

"Well, I may have gotten one or a few other notes before." 

"What!" And now Hunter was angry at me

"You said you would control your temper!" 

"Why the hell didn't you tell me as soon as you got the first one, Rose?" This time, Hunter didn't speak as harshly.

"I-I didn't know how'd you'd react. Plus, you ended up locking me in a cell for a night, I didn't know if I could trust you."

"And now you can?"

"Now I don't have a choice." 

Hunter didn't speak, his face deep in thought. 

"Hunter?" 

"Jaxon is on his way as we speak. He has the report on the couple."

"The one who died?" 

"Yes," Hunter spoke sternly, but deep down I knew how much it bothered him that two of his pack members died.