Chapter 8: Quidditch World Cup

Tyler and Cassie emerged from her room, both looking very tired

Tyler and Cassie emerged from her room, both looking very tired. Amora and Cedric's eyes widened as they saw the couple walking down the stairs groggily.

"He slept in the same room as my sister?" Cedric hissed to Amora, who shrugged.

"Must be a nightmare, having a guy sharing a room with your sister," Aaron muttered and Rey swatted him on the chest. Amora's face reddened when she realized Aaron was referring to her and Cedric.

"What? I'm right!" Aaron said, raising his arms in defense.

"Anyways," Ned interjected, trying to change the subject, "Who's ready for the World Cup?" The group in the kitchen cheered and even Amora threw her hands in the air. The whole company was sitting in Cedric's kitchen and it was currently five in the morning. At least, that's what Amora assumed because of the sun peaking over the trees. His kitchen was decorated with little hanging plants and Amora was delighted to watch the pots and pans scrub themselves magically.

"Ah! All of you kids are awake already," Amos called from the top of the stairs. Amora's face melted into a grin, his enthusiasm was contagious. Amora had met Amos and Heather Diggory, and they absolutely adored her. After all of the stories Cedric had told them about his girlfriend, she lived exactly up to their expectations.

"We're going to be late," Belle muttered as she groggily rubbed her eyes.

"We do have quite a hike ahead of us Miss Quinn, but if we hold a fast pace we will make it there on time!" Amos announced.

"There? Where are we going again?" Rey asked as she lifted her backpack straps over her shoulders.

"It'll be a wonderful surprise!" Amos called as he swung the door open and marched out. Amora tried to stifle her laughter as she and Cedric shared an amused look before following him out the door.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

It had been quite a peaceful walk through the forest. Amora and Cedric held hands as they strolled through the early morning and were enjoying each other's company. The wonderful thing about their relationship is that they didn't need words to fill empty space because their presence of each other was enough. Amora then looked to the other couples and shook her head in disbelief when she realized that everyone was with someone.

Belle and Ned happened over the summer when the two students returned home and realized they were neighbors. To say the least, Ned went over to her house every morning to see if she wanted to hang out but every day Belle refused. Then, one morning, Ned went over to ask again and for the first time Belle looked at the determined Hufflepuff and reluctantly agreed. She then went on to have the best day of her life as Ned took her to a Muggle city and they had a spectacular time. Belle had told Amora that they actually kissed when they were sitting on this contraption called a Ferris Wheel and the sun was just setting. Belle also told Amora that she was very happy with Ned, something extremely rare for the Slytherin.