Chapter 2

Thursday was filled with packing, talking to my dad, aka the only family member I keep in contact with, and a lot of sudden emotions for Claire and I. We've spent the past two years together. We were roommates in the dorms our first year of college and we got this apartment the summer after before our second year. We've been through a lot in those two years. Figuring out college and adulthood, bad boyfriends and girlfriends, stupid fights over stuff like whose chips those were. We did a good deal of crying, and Sky had come over and lay in our laps, trying to comfort us.

Now I'm at the airport. My suitcases are checked, Sky is in her new carrier, and I have my laptop, camera and food for Sky in a backpack. I'm just a tad bit anxious. I love going on planes, but 31 hours is definitely the longest I'll ever be on planes and in airports in one go. Soon, the boarding starts for the first flight. With a big smile, I board the plane, and I smile again as the plane takes off. The take off is always exhilarating. It's like riding the Tower of Terror. I don't know why, but I love the feeling of you gut just dropping to the floor when you rise up like that.

I slept the entire first flight. And during my eight hour layover in Houston, I, of course, ate, and worked on editing videos. I also let Sky out of her carrier and attached a leash to her little collar. She doesn't need the leash. She stays by my side in public. The leash is just so I don't get in trouble. I also made sure that she ate and got some water and made sure she relieved herself in the pet area of the airport. Even with all of that, the layover seemed to last forever. Then there was the flight to LAX. A little longer than the first flight, but still went by pretty quick, because I slept the whole time again. Let's just say I can sleep wherever and whenever I want. It's a gift I guess. The next layover was much easier with it only being a couple of hours. The flight to Auckland was the worst. With how long of a flight it was, I couldn't sleep the whole time, so I ended up watching some Lord of the Rings, an all time favorite of mine. Sky also disliked this flight. Though she's generally quiet, she started meowing halfway through the flight, so I had to take her out of her carrier and let her sit in my lap for a while. The passenger next to me didn't seem to mind so why not. After that, the last layover and flight went smoothly. By the time the plane landed, I was well rested and ready for the day.

"Alright Sky, let's get our bags and find Peter and Sebastian," I say to my cat as I follow the signs to baggage claim. It was easy to get to because of all the signs, but there's so many people here. But once I got to baggage claim, it was slightly less crowded I guess. It took a while for the belt to start moving and luggage to start appearing on it. But once it did, I soon found my two suitcases. They're easy to spot. Two hard shelled blue suitcases with white elastic straps along the center. Once I got both, I take a deep breath and turn around. Almost immediately, I spot a small group of men with Sebastian holding up a sign with my name printed on the front. Holding in a laugh, I smile as I make my way over to the group.

"Ms. Sylva Fletcher, welcome to New Zealand," Peter Jackson says with a smile. I smile back and shake his awaiting hand.

"It's so nice to meet you and be apart of this. Thank you so much for this opportunity," I say, smile growing. My gaze shifts to other three of the group. One of which specifically caught my eye. He's kinda pretty, I think to myself.

"Let me quickly introduce everyone here. As you may have guessed, this is my assistant, Sebastian Meek. And then we have Graham McTavish, he will play Dwalin, Dean O'Gorman, he will play Fili, and Aidan Turner, he will play Kili," Peter says, pointing to each as he says their names. Graham is the tallest of the three actors, with a bald head. He also seems to be the eldest of the three. Dean is the shortest, with blond hair that's neatly styled. Aidan, probably the most handsome of the three, in my opinion, has dark, curly hair and strong brows. My eyes linger a little too on his face for my liking before I force them to look back at Peter.