Prologue

(Y/N) pov:

I was a warrior, but not just any common soldier bred in the hundreds, no I was so much more. I was a ravager, a beast purely made for war. And unlike my sibling my hands were replaced with giant blades capable of destroying a yautja ship.

There was only one of me and three praetorians, we were much bigger and stronger than our younger siblings. Although we were all born to defend I was not like them.

While the praetorians protect our mother and the eggs, I protect the hive by killing our enemies first. I was so good at my job that the hive prospered.

But it all came to an end on this faithful day, since this was when the Yautja finally managed to find us.
_________________________________________

Not even a minute since the invasion began and already several of the workers and warriors were slaughtered by the invaders. These Yautja weren't like the ones we fought in the past.

They were much more efficient and seemed experienced in hunting our kind. They were some sort of elite units of their people, just like me.

That's why my mother sent me and one of my praetorian brothers to push back the invaders. We passed several of our dead siblings some had their heads ripped off, while others were left impaled on the walls by spears.

If only we've gotten here sooner we might've prevented their deaths.

My brother seemed to have noticed my sad state as he gently rubbed his head against mine and let out a light hiss. I was about to show my thanks, but we were interrupted by the head of one of our brothers being thrown at our feet.

We looked at the direction it came from and there they were, two elite yautja. They were covered in the blood of our siblings and underneath the acid we saw what appeared to be heavy armor. They showed no fear at the sight of us.

I hissed before charging at them as they did the same, my brother just behind me. Their shoulder weapons shot bright orbs at us, although they didn't manage  to penetrate our skin it did stagger us.

My brother swung his tail at the yautja intending to crush them, but they dodged and activated their spears before stabbing them deep in his tail.

I came forward and slammed my blade arm on one of the yautja successfully cutting him in half. My brother grabbed his attacker and slammed him into the ground, allowing me to stomp him with my foot.

I turned to my brother to see how he was doing only to see him staring at the hall ahead of us. It was filled with the corpses of our dead siblings.

I moved to my brother's side and brushed my head against his, just like he did with me.

(Y/N): We might've not been able to save them, but we can still save mother and our unborn siblings.

He rubbed his head against mine before hissing. We continued to run down the paths of our hive killing any invaders we came across.

Every where we turned more and more of our dead siblings littered the ground, but we made sure to add the yautjas to the pile of dead. But while we continued to repel the invaders I couldn't help but wonder how did they find us?

We were deep underground with only one entrance that was concealed by this plane's rock formations. My mother's voice interrupted my thoughts, she sounded frantic.