thirty nine

ATHENAS POV.

Much to my disagreement, Dante dragged me to my room after I let go of him.

Your overwhelmed. Take a shower and go to sleep.

Come on inner voice, I don't want to be left out.

I'm sure they'll tell you what's going on tomorrow. For now take a shower and go to sleep.

Fine.

Grabbing a pair of shorts, one of Bells old hoodies, and underwear, I made my way to the bathroom.

Unwrapping my hands, I glanced down at my red knuckles. They didn't hurt, but I should've wrapped them more.

Stripping off my sweaty clothes, I turned the water to a cool temperature and hopped in.

I took a short 5-7 minute shower, majority of which I was just standing under the water.

Getting out, I dried myself with a towel and got dressed. I brushed my hair and teeth and put my dirty clothes in my bin before going back out to my room.

My lights and TV were already on,

What the fuck?

I looked around and saw Eli sitting on my bed, back to the headboard, with a pack of M&M's in his hand and Hades sleeping at his feet.

"Sleepover?" I walked over to my bed and next to him.

He nodded his head and offered me some candy, I took a little bit and leaned my head back. "Do you think we're gonna find these people Eli?"

He stayed quiet for a minute, I honestly don't think he's going to answe-

"Yeah. The letter said they're 'just getting started'. Instead of thinking negatively, think of it as gaining more information each time." He put the candy down and moved so he could lay down.

I thought about his words, he's right but then again we could lose someone.

"Come on Athena, don't over think this."

"How the hell am I not going to Eli?" I laid down next to him, looking at my ceiling.

"Not sure."

Nice help asshole.

"But, what I do know is that you have to sleep. So somehow turn your mind off for the night." He got up and turned the light off.

Returning back to his spot, he looked at me straight faced then stuck his tongue out.

I laughed at him and pulled the blanket over me,

"Good night E."

"Night Owl."

"Come on slow poke!" Killian dragged me into the school, a hyperactive Neptune behind us.

"Guys I really didn't want to come today."