Chapter 84

Harry's POV
Me, Hermione, and Ron are walking down from the common room.

"Y/n wasn't in her bed when I woke up." Hermione says.

"Really?" Ron asks.

"Yeah, she didn't me she was going anywhere either."

"That's strange." I say. The two nod. We walk down to the Great Hall.

Ron tripped, making me and Hermione burst out in laughter. We got through the doors, still laughing, when the three of us noticed and unwelcome face sitting at our table.

Y/n was chatting with Draco. The second we saw him all three of us stopped. We knew that Y/n was friends with him, but none of us could ever like him.

The two looked up at noticed us, the three of us stone faced, and Draco whispered something to her. She smiled and watched him go.

I tried not to show the jealousy erupting in every bone in my body as we approached Y/n. We sat down, no one speaking.

"Good morning." Y/n said. Ron and Hermione smiled at her but I looked up at her, not smiling.

"What did Draco want?" I asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. Nothing at all. He was just stopping by." She answered. I could tell she was lying. Her nose always scrunched when she lied. But if she really didn't want me to know, than whatever. I'll let it go.

So I began eating, not speaking. Hermione spoke up.

"Remember, today we have to meet with Professor Lupin to talk to him about the test." She told Ron. Ron groaned and I laughed at him.

"But everyone's going to be outside today!" He whined.

"I know, but we need to go see Lupin. He said it shouldn't take too long."

Ron groaned again and began stuffing his face. I watched him, amused and somewhat intimidated by the amount of food he could swallow in such a small amount of time.

The four of us ate in silence. The bell finally rung after a rather awkward breakfast and Hermione grabbed Ron's arm. He whined and complained down the hallway towards Lupin's office.

I looked at Y/n. We both stood in the middle of the Great Hall awkwardly, making no noise.

"Let's go outside?" I asked, attempting to break the tension. She smiled and nodded at me.

The two of us walked quietly out the front doors. It was really warm outside. Summer would be soon which meant- back to the Dursley's.

"Harry?" Y/n asked, a smile appearing on her face.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Let's swim in the lake! It's awfully hot out, and-" I smiled, loving it.

"I love that idea." I said. I then realized that that meant that she would see me without a shirt and blushed, insecure.

"I've got to change into a bathing suit. Will you come with me?" She asked, starting to walk. I hurried to catch up with her.

"Of course I will." I smiled. The two of us walked together up to the common room.

When we got into the common room, Y/n asked, "Meet here in five?"

"Mhm." I replied, smirking. The two of us both launched up the stairs, racing.

I hurried up to my room, throwing the door open. I glanced around me, Ron, Neville, Dean, and Seamus' room.

I saw a pair of swimming shorts sitting on top of my dresser. They used to be Dudley's when he was 6. They just started to fit me recently.

I took my shirt off and wandered into the bathroom, wondering what Y/n was doing. Probably changing. I cringed at my stupidity and glanced in the mirror.

I watched my reflection, hating myself. No one, not even my best friends knew I was insecure. I didn't tell anyone because I knew I'd get responses like, "But you're the chosen one!" and "You have no reason to be insecure!" and I'd get made fun of for expressing that.

I felt myself tear up and cursed at myself in disgust. Y/n deserved someone better than me- someone who didn't hate themselves and who could give her everything she wanted. Like Malfoy.

I looked in the mirror for a good three minutes before I snapped back to reality. I dressed myself in my swim shorts and grabbed a towel, avoiding the mirror.

I realized how late I would be to the common room. I probably took ten minutes rather than five.

I got to the top of the staircase. The second I saw her I immediately felt better. Y/n sat on the couch.

"Took you long enough." She said, not looking at me.

I chuckled, liking the sass. "Ready to go?"

"Been ready for like half an hour." She smirked and looked at me. I walked over to the couch and she stood. I felt my breath stop. She looked so stunning. I couldn't help but look her up and down, her form holding my eyes. I tried (and failed) to hide the bright blush that was appearing at my cheeks. She looked at me, her eyes stopping for a second at my stomach. I didn't know why but didn't dwell on it.

We walked together down the stairs and out of the castle in silence.

I didn't like the silence. How do I start a conversation? I ask myself, thinking. Compliment her... her... hair? No- no Hermione doesn't like getting compliments about her hair. What about... uh.... her skin? No, Ron said that's weird. Her... uh...

"I like your swimsuit." I said awkwardly. It was the only thing I could think of.

She laughed at me, and I blushed. "It's a bikini." She cracked up.

I felt embarrassed. How did I not know it was a bikini? "Sorry- I meant bikini."

"Thanks."

We reached the lake, a soft tension in between us. She looked over at me before throwing her towel on the ground. She looked over the lake and I did the same, watching the other students. They all played happily, swimming, splashing each other...

She began to get in the water. I followed, noting the coldness of the water against my feet. Y/n smiled, clearly liking the feeling.

"This should be fun." She said, smirking. She had a malicious face plastered on and I could just tell this would one of the best moments of my life.