Chapter 22

Marinette read over the invitation again,

'Wayne Manor, @12pm
Join us to celebrate Dick's birthday!
-The Waynes'

There was something scribbled in the margins.

'Alfred made Damian promise no pranks on his part. You are more than welcome to prank him tho
-Jason, Steph, Duke, Cass, Tim, Dick'

Marinette giggled with Tiki and Plagg as she prepared her revenge for Damian's last prank.

// Flashback, two days prior//

Marinette was in chemistry and went to take her seat but when she put her weight on the chair, it collapsed. Everyone stared at the girl who was now sitting on the floor confused. The blunette went to grab the nearest available chair but when she moved to pick it up it fell apart as well. Every usually empty seat in the class fell apart the moment Marinette touched it, she ended up having to go to three different classes, their usually empty seats falling apart as well until she finally got a solid seat. It had taken twenty minutes but by the end of it, Marinette was already laying out her payback.

//Flashback ends//

The bluenette was hesitant to agree to attend but she couldn't say no to the boys like that. Besides now she had the perfect time to get Damian in front of friends and family. It wasn't going to be embarrassing but it was going to be funny. For Marinette at least.

Damian's contact on Snapchat was pulled-up on the bluenette's phone as she prepared to send a photo of the final product for Richard's gift.

*   *   *

Marinette
**Image**
Want me to wrap it for you?

Damian
Yes, I'll be at the door when you arrive.
How much?

Marinette
Just for the materials, 25 is good.

Damian
That is far too inexpensive, your business model won't survive like that.

Marinette
It's for your brother, relax. It's not like I need the money to pay rent. So stop being such a brat, I'll be there soon. Leaving my house in 15.

Damian
I'll have the due amount on hand.

*   *   *

Marinette rolled her eyes, he was so unnecessarily formal and business-like.

She expertly wrapped the gifts and put them in a bag with different colored tissue paper, a sleek black bag with bright red, green, blue, and yellow balloons on it, and blue tissue paper for Damian's gift.

She had yellow tissue paper and a 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY!' in big alternating colored letters on each side.

The bakery was full of people, as it usually was. The regulars watched as Marinette walked out of the warm patisserie with the gift bags and a half-full backpack. Marinette was wearing classic white lace-up converse with simple black jeans that went up to her belly button and a white long-sleeve. On top of everything was a three-button caramel coat. The bluenette's hair was down and in loose waves.

"Taxi!" A cab stopped for the girl who climbed into the toasty back seat.

"Where to?"

"Wayne Manor, please." This time the girl received an almost annoyed look, the car drove down the familiar roads and eventually pulled up to a crowded driveway. Marinette paid and thanked the man who stayed to see if Marinette was going to give up easily or camp out like some of Dick Grayson's more dedicated fans. The boy's birthday was well known, she thought it odd that people were willing to take time from their day to worship some boy.