102.

- Nyeisha White -- Los Angeles, California -

- Nyeisha White -
- Los Angeles, California -

"amen" a voice faded as my eyes slowly started to flutter open.

i was in the hospital.

i looked around before looking next to me seeing pop with his head in his hands as he sat on a chair next to the bed.

"baby" i coughed stretching out a little bit.

"i'm here, ny" he pulled his chair close to the bed grabbing my hand. "i'm right here, bae"

looking at him for a second, i finally started to remember what had happened.

i was shot.

and so was pop.

i just began to cry. i didn't know how else to react, it feels like it's all my fault.

"mama why you cryin'?" he sighed kissing my hand.

"it's all my fault" i shook my head. "i'm sorry i should've kept it on me like you asked"

"baby you were in the house. i get why you didn't have it on you" he sighed. "you lost so much fucking blood" he shook his head. "i thought you was gone" his voice cracked a little.

"you cryin?" i asked sitting up. "i never seen you cry before.."

"cause i usually don't. but when it comes to you" he pulled his sleeve up revealing a bandage around his arm. "i find time"

"y-you donated your blood? but you got shot too"

"i know. but it was either me or you and i took the chance" i pulled him up into a hug.

"i love you. i'm so sorry this happened" i cried as he hugged me tighter.

"i love you too, Ny. we gon be straight" he lifted my chin. "i put that on everything"

"i can't have you hurting yourself over me, Bashar" i shook my head. "it can't happen"

"it's my choi-"