Chapter 42

Fighting to keep her eyes open and stay conscious, Kim was thrown into a small room with Steve and Robin

Fighting to keep her eyes open and stay conscious, Kim was thrown into a small room with Steve and Robin. At the sight of Steve's limp body Kim began to panic, no longer worried about her own bruises.

"Steve," Robin said, panicking as she tried to shake Steve awak with no result.

The door swung open and the older man who had interrogated Kim walked through the doors. "What did you do to him?" Kim glarred. "What did you do?"

He drew his hand back, smacking Kim across the face before kicking Robin back as well. The man didn't seem fazed at all by the girls groaning in pain on the ground. He looked at the soldiers around him, instructing them to tie up the trio.

"Don't touch me!" Robin protested, trying to get out of the soldiers iron grip.

Kim squirmed as a guard lifted her and tied her to the other two. "Steve?" Kim called trying to make sure the boy next to her was okay. "Steve, wake up."

The older man who was clearly in charge stepped forwards and lifted Steve's head up.

"Don't touch him," Kim spat, wanting to punch the smug smirk off the Russian man's face.

"Steve? Steve, can you hear me?" Robin asked.

The man let Steve's head fall to his chest again. He started to circle around the friends, stopping in front of Robin. "I think your friend needs a doctor. Good thing we have the very best," the man along with his soldiers cackled with laughter.

Robin glared at him, wanting to punch the Russian man just as much as Kim wanted to. Robin spat in his face and the laughter quickly died off. She raised her chin defiantly, daring him to hit her.

He wiped the spit from his face before returning his gaze to her. "You are going to regret that you little bitch."

"Bastards!" Robin yelled as the uniformed men marched out of the room. "Let us outta here! Let us out!"

•••••

After what felt like hours of cursing at the Russians and uselessly calling for help, Steve stirred next to Kim. "Hey, would you two stop yelling?" Steve muttered, his words a bit slurred.

"Steve!" Kim exclaimed. His skin had still felt warm, but Kim had begun to worry he was dead. "Steve, are you okay?"

"My ears are ringing, and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out of my skull, but, you know, apart from that I'm doing pretty good," Steve said.

"Well, the good news is that they're calling you a doctor," Robin said, hoping that would make him feel a little better.

Steve looked around, finally awake enough to see clearly out of the eye that wasn't swollen shut. "I love the vibe in here. Charming."

Kim let out a small laugh, glad that he was still his sarcastic self. "Yeah, tell me about it." She leaned her head against Steve's shoulder, wanting to hold his hand but unable to due to the restraints.