Coffee and Crushes

Word Count - 1,341

(Y/N's POV)

          I sat there alone in the library, sprawled out lazily on a chair. Everyone else was eating, I didn't feel hungry so I sat in the library. Usually I would sit there and read, I got good scores and was genuinely a smart kid, I really just didn't like other people or kids in that matter so I didn't talk to many people and was quiet.

          "Lets go, (Y/n)." Mom's kind smile turned to me.

          I frowned, "can't I just stay in here mama?" She shook her head and beckoned me to come along, sighing I got up and went outside.

         A cool breeze hit my face and beside the tree was Ray, and the other two oldest besides me were out there as well. Almost at once Emma came over to me, her bright orange hair bouncing up and down with her face shining as bright as ever.

         "Lets play, (Y/n)!"

         "No thanks," I said bluntly about to move around her but she grabbed my hand and smiled, "come onn lets playy," she dragged on her words while trying to tug me towards the forest. I sighed in defeat and looked to the sky, 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦. I thought while being dragged towards the other kids.

          "(Y/n)'s playing with us?" The kids asked excitedly.

          Emma nodded and turned to me, "lets play tag!" I looked at her for a few seconds but finally spoke. "Fine."

                                                                       .:+:.Time skip playing tag-.:+:.

          𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨, I thought while sitting down on the couch in the library, only for a second until I saw three shapes come in. "Oh hell no." I said while their figured were now able to make out.

Norman, Ray and Emma

          "Oh yea! Lets all read something together!" Emma excitedly said while not even asking, she took my book to see what I was reading while. While reading the back she was leaning against my shoulder making me slightly agitated. "Oi, what do you guys want haven't you bothered me enough today?"

"And I thought Ray was grumpy," Norman laughed his blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

"What!" Ray snapped his head towards him.

          While those two were arguing in the background, Emma looked at the two in defeat. I finally spoke up an idea popping into my head. "Which one of you is a mama's boy?"

"Eh?" They both said while turning to me.

"You heard me, which is it?" I pointed my finger at Ray then at Norman.

          Ray was begin to stutter while Norman just looked plain confused, 𝘙𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯. "Ray, where does mama keep the coffee."

"Huh?" Ray perked up at those words but his eyes seemed to not be as wide and startled.

          It was beginning to grow dark and the four kids quietly went into the kitchen and Ray opened a cupboard filled with coffee cups and a machine. I took the machine and put it on the counter. Plugging it in, the buttons began to light up. It showed the cup size.

          Placing a cup down under the machine I pressed the medium-sized one and saw an extra button saying, 'strong'. 𝘔𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘦. I thought and without thinking twice I pressed it.