chapter 4

"I can't do it anymore," we all stop doing homework and look up at Harry. I've seen this look before. He has the same look in his eye from the night he thought Voldemort had Sirius. The look of determination and recklessness. Usually, I would love that look and join in.

Every year It's been Harry and me who throw ourselves into the most dangerous and reckless situations. Last year, when Harry told me about his suspicions of Snape being with Voldemort I immediately went after him. I was on Snape the whole year, following him at night, in between classes, and especially whenever he was with Draco.

I saw Snape, the night he was going up to the tower and I tried to stop him. I used every spell I could think of, but Snape was too strong. He could've easily killed me if he wanted to. I keep thinking if I would've been able to stop Snape then Dumbledore would be alive. Ron says that isn't true because Draco would've finished the job.

Some part of me doesn't believe he would've.

"Can't do what anymore?" asks Neville.

"I can't sit here and act like Voldemort isn't out there planning my murder," Harry stands up and we all look at him. I knew this was coming. Ginny grabs his hand.

"Well, what are we supposed to do? We can't just leave the bloody school, Snape has his Slytherin's all over us. Crabbe followed me into the bathroom earlier," Ron exclaims.

He is right, It would be nearly impossible to just leave Hogwarts when we are all on the most wanted list.

"You won't do anything. I'm going on my own. I've already asked too much of all of you. You've risked your lives too much already," says Harry. My mouth drops open. I already can't let Harry leave this school, but I especially can't have him out there alone. He would be caught within a day.

"No way! Are you insane Harry? We are not letting you go out there alone to be killed!" Hermione is standing now, slightly yelling at Harry and a few other students in the common room turn to look at us. She looks around and sits down. Ginny looks like she might faint.

"We are going with you mate, we've been with you since we were eleven. No way in hell that's stopping now," says Ron. Harry sits down and we all look at each other.

"Ron and I will go with you," says Hermione.

"I'll go too," I say and everyone turns to look at me.

"No way you can go Olivia. Snape is on all of us already, especially you for some reason which you never told us what he said by the way," says Hermione and I look down at my book and back up at them. All of their eyes on me and now I have to lie. I've never lied to any of them before.

"He was just angry that I tried to kill him last year and wanted to make sure it wouldn't happen again," everyone seems to buy my lie except for Hermione. She gives me a weird look, but everyone turns back to Harry.

"Ron and Hermione can come, but everyone else must stay here. We need to distract Snape and his Slytherins so we can get out. If everyone is gone he will catch us within minutes," says Harry. Ginny has been really quiet and is just staring at the fire. She knows Harry would never let her come along. Mrs. Weasley would kill him.

"I can distract Goyle," says Neville.

"I've got Pansy," grumbles Ginny. Harry takes her hand and gives her a small closed lip smile.

"I'm sure Luna can take care of Crabbe and that leaves me with Malfoy," I sigh.

Snape is going to kill me.

"We will leave tomorrow night," says Harry and we all nod.

They all go back to studying, but I can't focus on this potions book to save my life. I get up to leave and Hermione gives me a weird look.