Chapter XXIII

The plot's processed faster- I couldn't help but notice as Ian glanced at Selene every so often.
   I thought I might change the... who am I kidding? It's not like I changed something important.
  'Hah.'
Well, perhaps I will die even if I don't do what Phoenix did in the novel? That said, I don't even remember what Phoenix did to get her killed so brutally. I only...
   「The gold irises stared at the mangled corpse for a long time before he turned as if he saw nothing.」
   I suppressed the depressing thoughts, & looked up at what was happening before me.
    'Wow, look at that!' girls were whispering all around me: 'As expected from a Royal family member! The crown prince is so handsome, & cool!!'
   In my opinion Ian is much more handsome than him, & he also has more magic affinity than him. His swordmanship is also better- in fact, he's the best.
     But indeed, people wouldn't notice him that much yet because... he's only a child now. Certainly, if they looked at him, they would notice his unusual beauty that makes both genders excited nonetheless. The problem is that he's a low noble- he wouldn't be that interesting when there's the crown prince of the empire, the princess, & shadow nobles who's going to the school as well.
{Shadow nobles are nobles who are unknown to society- secret nobles who hide their appearance because of the power, & influence they have}
  I think one of the small time villains was a shadow noble... though I don't remember who it exactly was. Most I don't even remember-
   'I'm going to get checked for the swordmanship!' I hear someone say, but what caught my attention was that the voice was of... a girl's.
   'Pfft! A girl learning swordmanship?' one of the girls there laughed as they mocked the girl with long brown hair made into twin braids.
   A girl learning swordmanship... is that not allowed?
  Just as I was wondering, another voice interrupts: 'What's wrong with that?'
   That familiar voice...
'Hoho, what do you mean by what's wrong lady Selene White? Do you perhaps want to learn swordmanship as well?' asking that, she burst into a light giggle behind her hand.
     Selene's face turns red at that moment from embarrassment: if she doesn't agree now, she'll be called a hypocrite. Though most of the noble are all hypocrites...
     Selene who was arguing in the front, suddenly glances at me who was sitting in the back as if asking for help.
    Sorry. I don't like bothersome things, I apologized mentally to her.
'What's wrong, lady White? You look... panicked- like a mouse caught in a cheese trap.'
    Wow, that was... amateur but better than the usual nobles who insult colors, or your clothes out of nowhere at least.
   Selene becomes even more embarrassed, as she opens her mouth to retort: 'Lady Elan, no. Phoenix said she was interested in swordfighting!'
    That's right. I did- what?!
   They all turn back to look at me- I've even managed to attract attention from some of the teachers.
Maybe she got too nervous that she mentioned me but... me?! Why me?!!
    Why would you include me in your argument?!
    'Oh, is that right?'
At the voice, everyone turned towards him who was wiping his sweat off with a white towel.
    'Oh! Oh my god, your highness!' one of the ladies squeal with red face as she tried to explain: 'I was just telling them swordfighting is dangerous for women-'
   Ah, she's made some adjustments to what she said.
   'Why is that?' he asks, interrupting her, as he gives the towel to a servant walking near.
   'Wel, wom- women are naturally weak, & it's also unladylike to learn swordmanship.'
   The prince nodded as if he understood, & agreed with her words but then he says something completely unexpected the next second; 'I don't think gender really matters.'
     Everyone was shocked to silence while I was the only one frowning there: 'Lady Elán, right?' he smiles at me.
    'I really hope you will do well when you give your exam... the swordgighting I mean,' he laughs, & walks away with ease.
     Ugh!! He's forcing me to keep quiet.
    I would understand if he was actually trying to be true to his opinions (no I wouldn't) but it's not even for me!
He points at me while talking to the teacher seemingly explaining something. Well, I knew what he was doing:
    He's applying me to take the swordmanship exam in order to not embarrass Selene.
  And I won't have a say in it!!!!
    Don't think I didn't notice you glancing at Selene during that little speech every once in a while! You ugly squid!!!

🌺

'Ian Vuinter.'
  The male lead who I had a hard time finding finally appeared.
    Right. Even though I came here with the two of them, they separate d from me just as we got here though.
   I didn't really think much of it- just like I never think much... about anything at all.
    But that hardly matters now- I think I remember his skills were said to be the best among the best.
   Of course, considering his strength, senses, & also the fact that he's the main male lead, it's given.
   So, why does it feel like something unexpected is about to happen?

A/N: updating early today. Please enjoy, & vote... whatever.