Chapter 22

When I wake up, he isn't there. Instead, I'll awoken by the faint sound of birdsong. His scent of pine surrounds me, along with soft undertones. I sigh, contently.

The sit up quickly, glancing around, alarmed. Ares's room. I'm here. Where the hell is he?

I turn to glance at the digital clock on the night stand, the time reading a quarter past noon. Why didn't anyone wake me up?

I swing my feet over the side of the large bed, before standing up and stretching. I should head back to my room. Or should I stay here?

I needed to go brush my teeth. Pulling the door open, I glanced around before heading down the now familiar hall of Olympus.

- - - 
Ares's POV

"Eros," The god of love was currently chewing on some sort of biscuit, his violet eyes distracted by the screen ahead of him. It was some sort of news station, reporting about something that Demeter had done.

"Yah?"

"Take the girl out today and watch her for me." He raises an eyebrow at me, waiting for me to elaborate. I offer him no consolidation as to what I'm going to do while she's under his care, because, frankly, I didn't have to.

I knew that he could guard her—guard her well, in fact—and I needed to sort out what exactly Demeter had done. Apparently, it was now my job to make sure that she was in line and not plunging the mortals into an eternal winter or something.

Eros turns toward me, before pointing at the screen. "Did anyone fact check these people? Or are they just blurting anything out of their mouths to get a couple of viewers."

It worked, especially since he was sitting there and watching it.

"You can probably find her in her room by now." I turn around, heading for the door. The sooner I get this done, the sooner I'll be rid of this chore.

"And where should I take her?" I pause before shrugging, feeling his eyes on me. His lips curl into a smirk. "How about Paris? Then I'll make love to her while—"

"Finish that sentence and I'll paint the walls with your brain, Eros."

- - - 
Mia's POV

I change into clean clothes, finally ready for the day. I glance at myself in the mirror, taking in the faint dark circles, even though I had just slept to noon. I sighed.

"Boo." I jump, before turning toward the voice, stumbling slightly. The image of one of the Furies pops into my mind and then, Eris's eagle like eyes seemed to be burned into the back of my eyelids. Holy shit. Eros stands there, chuckling at my reaction. "Hey there, love." My body seemed to relax all at once, realizing that it was just him. 

I mean, he wouldn't try anything right? Since he was someone that Ares trusted, he can't be that bad right?

These gods really needed to calm down with their teleportation. "Hi...? Where's Ares?" He looks to the side for a moment, before shrugging. 

"Dunno." He concludes, before swinging an arm around my shoulders and pulling me close to his side. "But what's important, amour, is that you're going to spend the rest of the day with me. Want to grab some human world food?" I glanced up at him, before nodding quickly. His vibrant purple eyes sparkled with amusement, before snapping. The same type of spinning overtook us, and I open my eyes to the sound of people. And just like that...

I'm back. 

We're in some sort of plaza... wait... I know this place. It was the same plaza in which I first saw Apollo at... Huh. "You up to getting drinks?" I turned to look at him, raising my eyebrows.