1.8

*edited 10/1/2020*

^(Lizzie's outfit up top)^

Once Lizzie changed clothes, they headed to NCIS together

Once Lizzie changed clothes, they headed to NCIS together. The blonde picked her nails on the way, scared to show weakness, but she couldn't help it. Lizzie was terrified inside.

Gibbs took notice, "No matter what, everything's going to be okay." The teen glanced at him, but couldn't stop picking at her nails. "Just cooperate with us, I'm going to talk to the Director."

The blonde sighed, "Don't."

This had Gibbs glance at her, "Why not?"

Lizzie sighed, "I deserve whatever I get, the full sentence." The two stayed quiet for the rest of the drive, even going up the elevator.

When the two stepped into the bullpen, Lizzie trailing behind Gibbs, his team turned and widened their eyes at the sight. This little assassin was following their boss like a lost puppy, keeping her eyes on the ground and one hand scrunching the back of his jacket.

Tony blinked, "Uh, Boss?" His nose was a nice purple shade, his eyes having black by his nose.

Gibbs glanced at the team before passing their desk area, Lizzie still following. He had her release his jacket from her grip and go up the stairs in front of him. They made their way to the Director's office, Gibbs opening the door without knocking.

Lizzie had went back to following, a hand holding the back of his jacket and eyes down. Jenny looked up from her paperwork, Gibbs had called her this morning. "Gibbs..."

Gibbs looked to her and then back at Lizzie, pulling her forward by her shoulders with both hands. The teen kept her arms close and looked down to the ground as he forced her forward, "say it."

The blonde looked up at the director, "I'm sorry for hospitalizing seven of your agents." Jenny raised a brow at the two, Lizzie took that as 'that better not be it'. She remembers that look from her own mother, "I'll go to each agent and apologize to them if you want." When Jenny still hadn't spoken, the teen decided to try again. "Okay, I'll even apologize to the two I scared half to death."

The Director of NCIS had an amused smile as she finally spoke, "You're right, Gibbs, she really is worth it."

Gibbs smiled as Lizzie looked between the two confused, "What just happened?"

Jenny smiled as she stood and walked over to the teen, "What just happened was Gibbs showing me your true colors." The director saw that she was still confused, "Gibbs called me this morning and we came to an agreement. If I could see that there was still good in you, I would give you a chance to be a teenager again."

Lizzie teared up slightly, "But I deserve to go away forever, where I can never hurt anybody ever again." Jenny smiled at the girl softly, seeing exactly what Gibbs saw in her.

The marine smiled at Lizzie, "If she did see the good that I do, Beth, we had a plan." He wrapped an arm around the girl, "Since you don't have any other relatives, I'll be adopting you and you'll come live with me. Go to school, have a normal life, be a Gibbs."

Gibbs laughed as Lizzie launched herself at Jenny, the teen surprising the older woman with a hug. Jenny smiled as she wrapped her arms around the teen. Soon after, Lizzie let go and hugged Gibbs.

As he had her wrapped up in his arms, he felt the teen shaking so he pulled back and wiped the tears from her face. "Hey, don't cry."

Lizzie shook her head, "I can't help it, this is the first good thing I've had in a really long time." Jenny smiled before having them sit and go over a few documents to make it official.

<><><>

When the two were walking back down the stairs, no evidence of tears on Lizzie's face, they noticed the team stood in the bullpen with Ducky, Abby, and Palmer.

As the pair reached the group, Ducky stepped forward to speak only to be cut off by Lizzie. "I wanted to apologize to all of you," she pointed to Palmer and McGee, "except you two, I don't think I did anything to you."

McGee and Palmer looked to each other, then nodded because it was the truth. Ducky then got to speak, "Thank you for the apology, young lady, but I believe we all want an explanation, Jethro."

Gibbs looked at them, "Meet my new daughter." The team looked to him with shocked faces.

Lizzie had a nervous expression on her face as Abby stepped forward, "If Gibbs likes you, I like you. Hi, Mini Gibbs, I'm Abby Sciuto." The goth proceeded to tightly hug the blonde, who hugged back just as tightly. Abby leaned back, "Now I know what it feels like to have an 'Abby Hug'."

The blonde smiled, "I recently found out that I'm a hugger."

Ziva held out her hand, "Ziva David." Lizzie shook her hand with a strong grip.

"Jimmy Palmer."

"Timothy McGee."

"Dr. Donald Mallard, but you can call me Ducky."

They all turned to Tony, who eyed Lizzie as if she were to attack at any moment. "Anthony DiNozzo, you can call me Tony." The teen smiled in amusement, raising her eyebrow slightly.

Gibbs nudged her, "Introduce yourself."

The teen turned back to them, "It's nice to meet you all, I'm Elizabeth Gibbs and you can call me Lizzie."

"