Chapter 48

Ophelia felt a lot better knowing that Harry had the brightest witch she knew on his side. She wouldn't say the same about her and Luca though—they weren't exactly the most helpful, but again, none of them had ever even seen a dragon before. Although it took a while to convince him, Ophelia and Luca had convinced Cedric to skip the whole day to look through books and practice spells in an empty classroom on the third floor.

"These bloody books about dragons aren't helpful at all!" Luca sighed in exasperation as he closed yet another tutorial book on how to fight dragons.

"Alright, this obviously isn't working, and we've got less than 24 hours until Ced will get his pretty face bitten off by a huge ass dragon." Ophelia said, lying down on the fluffy carpet she conjured at the back of the classroom. "Ced, what are subjects you're good at?"

Cedric played with his wand, pausing before answering. "I'm alright at Herbology, but I doubt plants will help much in this tournament...I suppose Transfiguration is my best subject..."

"Transfiguration!" Ophelia exclaimed, sitting up and rubbing her hands together. "Let's start with that!"

"Hey, what's Potter going to do?"

"I'm not sure, actually," Ophelia replied to Luca. "All he told me was that Moody gave him a great idea and he needs to learn how to use the summoning charm. I'll make sure he's alright at dinner."

"At least he sounds like he's got a plan," Cedric said glumly, swinging his legs from the desk he was sitting on.

"Shhh," 

"So what do you propose Ced do?"

"I suppose I could turn the dragon into a puppy or something, " Cedric joked.

"A puppy!" Ophelia looked as if a light bulb went off in her head. "You could transfigure grass, or a rock or something near the dragon into a dog, or an animal of some sort to distract the dragon!"

"That's actually not a bad idea," 

"Hm," said Cedric, hopping off the table. "Any of you got a rock?"

"Yeah, your brain." Luca retorted. "I mean, I don't think there would be giant ass rocks in a charms classroom..."

Ophelia jumped up suddenly, fluffing her hair. "Courtyard's not that far away, maybe practice with a pencil or something first—I don't know, I suck at transfiguration." Cedric chuckled a bit as she skipped her way out the door, admiring how good his hoodie looked on her.

She jogged her way down the stairs, her earphones in as she sung to her favorite songs. She wasn't really looking as to where she was going because most of the halls were empty since students were in class, so she was surprised when she bumped into someone as she turned the corner to enter the hall to the courtyard.

"Hey, watch where you're going!"

Ophelia brushed her curls out of her face, taking one of her earphones out as she stared blankly at the platinum blonde fourth year she bumped into. "What?" she asked, gesturing to her earphones. "Couldn't hear you the first time."

"Filthy muggle inventions," he sneered, crossing his arms as he leaned against the marble column. "I said, watch where you're going."

"Draco Malfoy, is it?" Ophelia mused, pulling the other earbud out of her ear. "For your information, Malfoy, these babies aren't filthy at all, they're the best thing ever invented."

Draco scoffed, eyeing the black wires connected to her i pod. "I highly doubt that."

"Want one?" Ophelia offered, inching towards him so the earphones didn't snap off her i pod. Draco eyed them suspiciously, but didn't say anything else. "They won't bite, you know."