𝘅𝘃. 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙

(CHAPTER FIFTEEN)
Glitter

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟱𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟱
𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙

Selena's arms ached as she continued paddling through the water of the cold marsh, she felt so tired and defeated it felt as though they had already been caught.The sky above her was grey and cloudy, Selena was so tired she didn't even notice a white boat in the distance until she approached it.

"Woah, woah, who, is that..." a man in the boat squinted his eyes at the figure on the surfboard, panic slowly started to fill Selena's body as she turned to the side not wanting the people to see her face "Selena Cameron?"

"Selena, what are you doing out here." Another woman asked

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Landry" Selena said awkwardly with a forced smile, her stomach twisted and turned as the married couple stared at her.

"What are you doing out here sweetie?" The woman kindly asked as Selena sat up in her surfboard,

"Oh you know." Selena laughed "just going on a nice ride on my paddle board."

"Here, drink some water." The man offered handing a bottle of water.

" sweetie, there's a storm headed right for us." Mrs. Landry explained causing Selena to frown and look at the woman

"Yeah, you can't stay out here."

"What storm." Selena asked feeling her breaths quicken

"You don't know about the storm?" Mr. Landry asked "here you know what, get it." The man offered his hand to the young brunette

"Rose would never forgive me if we left you out here, get in, I insist." The woman said sympathetically

"Please don't tell rose you saw me!" Selena begged "please, I'm begging you."

"Sweetie, get in the boat okay." Mrs. Landry said softly was the other voices starting piling on top of each other begging the girl to get in the boat when Selena protested multiple times.

Selena felt a hand grip her Armand slowly pull her onto the boat, selena finally gave in, she sighed while climbing onto the boat.

She sat on one of the white leather seats staring down at her fingers which had wrinkled up due to the amount of time she was in the water.

Selena sat in the large house of the Landry's hearing sirens from every corner, every minute. She was getting sick of it, it was hard sitting there knowing that they continued looking for the wrong person.