Chapter 54

"I gave you my gifts for the anniversary. Ice cream and my poem. But I can't ask you anything in return.", says Sid making a face as he wipes the face of Sana. She looks at her and says,"Gift? Tum kaun sa mera gift lete ho. You are yet to wear the shirt I gave you. That's why I call you sadu." Sid raises his eyebrows and says,"Acha! I am sadu? Fine. I will remember that." He gets up when Sana holds his hand and starts her fake cry. She says,"Aha..ann..Mat gussa ho...please.." Sid sits down and says,"I am not baby..I will wear that shirt. Waiting for a good occasion. But I was not talking about such gifts. Hmm.." Cupping her face, he smiles and says,
Iss naacheez ko sirf tum chahiye, pass aane ke sivaye isse koi khwaahis nahi.
Mujhko intezaar hai un labon ko chuneki, kisi shai ki mujhe harees nahi.."
Sana bites her lower lips and says," You are a sweetheart. I love you.." Sid rubs his thumb on her cheek and says," You rest now." Sana holds his face and coming closer takes his lower lips into hers, biting it and then leaves him. Sid looks surprised and says," Woah! What was that?" Sana giggles and says,"My gift. I know tumhe sirf wohi chahiye hota hai but as I had said no, you are not kissing me..what do you say, baap of all kisses.." Sid rubs his lips as he says," Pagal ho kya? Ayse koi karta hai..my lips are bleeding now, you bit me. This is a vampire kiss." Sana looks," Haye toh kya? You had also bit me on my neck remember and you are not bleeding .. uff..kitne nakhre hain tumhare .." Sid says,"Mrs.Sana Sidharth Kapoor. Your husband does not do any nakhre. Okay. And he does not keep any debts. I will take my revenge when I'll get the opportunity. Till that time, you rest. And I didn't bite you, it's called nibbling. What you did was simply atyachar!"They both start to laugh after that.

At night after feeding Sana with his own hands, Sid gives her medicines and runs his fingers over her hair to make her fall asleep. Switching off the lights, he goes out to the table when Sumitraji comes with food. She sits beside him and giving him his plate says,"Can you now please tell me what is going on between you two? Shini is crying, you are not talking to her. The news is showing Bunty is arrested for pushing Sana." Sid says," Why your daughter hasn't told you anything?" Sumitraji putting her hand on his head says," Itna gussa achi nahi hai..tell me tujhe meri kasam." Sid says,"Aap logon ki yeh kasam na.." After a pause, he says,"I am not angry and I haven't scolded her. But I am hurt and I am worried." He looks at her and says,"Shini loves a boy in her college. Her senior, someone named Samrat Chauhan...I saw them together and that guy told me that he wants to marry her. I..understand she is an adult now and..it's common in this age to fall for someone. But as a brother can't I tell her anything?" Sumitraji says," Ofcourse you have all the say. Tere papa ki death ke baad tune kya kuch nahi kiya hai. Acha kiya jo usse danta." Sid looks at her and says,"I didn't scold her. Woh ladka mujhe bolta hai, that he won't tolerate my interference in Shini's life. And when he was saying all these Shini was silent. I felt so bad so hurt Maa. I have not said anything to her after that. " Sumitraji was shocked to hear that,"I will talk to her, let her return from Jaanvi's place." Sid says,"Maa that guy is not good. The way he was speaking to me, didn't seem nice..Sana came to know that her cousin Bunty has befriended him. He accepted that he has put that guy behind Shini. I had gone there to confront him and in anger he pushed Sana. This Bunty..he is really bad. He is the one behind everything that had happened to us that forced me to marry Sana. He did it for some money and a car. And now he wants revenge as Sana asked him to say sorry and took that car away." Sumitraji' s eyes grow big with fear, she says," Hey Bhagwaan abb kya hoga? I am really scared for everyone. Sid please you talk to him and tell Sana to return his car. We had already been through so much, not anymore. Sid bache tu baat kar.." Sid puts his hand on hers and says," That's why I was not saying anything to you. You panic very soon. Kuch nahi hoga. I am still here. That Bunty is not worthy to talk." Sumitraji says,"But we need to talk to Shini."

Shini storms into the room and finding Sid talking with Sumitraji goes inside the bedroom. Sumitraji nods her head and goes after her. She says,"Yeh main kya sun rahi hun? Kya chal raha hai?" Shini with irritation in her tone,"Yes, aap bhi suru ho jayi. Jaanvi di had already lectured me. Now you also start your lectures." Sid enters the room and says," Shini I had thought I will not say anything to you but I won't accept your behaviour towards Maa. Nor I will tolerate your loud voice in this house. Thik se baat kar Maa se." Shini says,"Yes. I have to stay quiet, after all this is your house." Sumitraji says,"What is this way of talking to your brother? What you are doing is absolutely wrong? I cannot allow that." Shini looking at her mother says,"Ofcourse you won't allow. Bhaiya has already put you against me. You will only listen to him na." Sumitraji shouts,"Chup kar. Chi chi chi..Shini kiske bare mein bol rahi hai tu. That bhai of yours has done so much for you and you forgot everything today for an outsider whom you hardly know. He had worked hard from an tender age, forgetting about himself only for you and me. He had saved money from not eating to get you things you had asked. He had picked you and carried you to school in his arms so that you won't had to walk. Till date he is working two jobs for your medical studies. Apne liye aaj bhi woh kuch nahi karta hai. Aur uss bhai ke baremein tu ayesa bol rahi hai." Sid says,"Maa. Let it be..just tell her that guy is not good. I..don't want anything bad for her..That's all." Shini looking at him replies,"Samrat is very good person. You don't know him. I want to marry him. And you can't stop me. You married Sana bhabi against our wishes and now she has become so important to you. You could forget everything that she had done. But I can't marry some one I love, who is good. Wow. This is hypocrisy." Sumitraji says,"Chup kar. You are comparing Sana with that guy? When Sid has said the guy is not good, then you stay away from him. You will not meet him, shaadi toh sawal hi nahi uthta." Shini screams,"Sid Sid Sid..iss ghar mein sirf uska hi naam chalta hai. I don't have any say here? It's my life, bhaiya can't force me anything. He has done so much, thank you for that but he is not my father." Sumitraji slaps her and says,"Batameez ladki. Sid has done more that that. Your father was with you for your 8 years of life but Sid has done much more and has been doing for you over these 15 years. " Shini gets out of the room. Sumitraji sits down on the bed, upset about everything. Sid is speechless, he doesn't say anything to his mother but leaves the room. He goes into his room and sits down on the chair.