Chapter 44: Battle of Eagle's Fall

Quick note: listening to 'against all odds' soundtrack from Game of Thrones will make this extra awesome.

Pure chaos. That was all it was. Ever since the sun had come up Obi-Wan had been fighting, trying to keep the shield standing and protecting the citizens of Eagle's fall. Yet even with all that effort he and his troopers were driven back every minute until they were locked up in the palace with everyone in the city. Obi-Wan and Anakin had formed a perimeter around the entrance, trying to keep the enemies from entering the palace's courtyard as Aidan's men battled in the sky.

"Anakin, barricade that door, quickly!" Obi-Wan pointed at the main entrance of the palace after the last few citizens had hurried inside. Just in time did he duck to avoid another arrow that was sent his way, his eyes widening when it settled in the wood right next to his face. He dove towards another barricade when a grenade was thrown his way, trying to shield himself from the rain of fire. The other troopers around him continued to fire at every enemy that came into their sights but it was clear they were with fewer numbers.

"General Kenobi!" Cody gave him some room to hide as he glanced over the barricade, seeing the large army inching closer each second and entering the marketplace they were in. The shield around the palace was still intact but it wouldn't last much longer. The captain took in a shaky breath, ducking away quickly when he saw trebuchets emerging from between the buildings. "The citizens are all inside, what do we do now?" His helmet barely managed to cover the worried shaking of his voice.

Obi-Wan grumbled as he glanced at the enemies nearing them, quickly diving down again when his visage was immediately met with another arrow coming his way. "We hold this position for as long as we can, Cody." He said and glanced up at the already breaking ray shield. "They have nowhere else to go."

"Obi-Wan!" Anakin followed his lead, diving behind another barricade made of old carts. He was panting loudly yet a smile remained on his face as explosions erupted all around him. "Cowering again, I see?" Even though his voice was light-hearted, Obi-Wan could sense the distress coming from him. "Have you found your girlfriend yet?!"

"What?" Obi-Wan glanced at his former padawan. "No, Anakin!" He groaned in frustration, deflecting some shots that were sent his way. "Can you concentrate for a moment?! We're being beaten here!"

"We might need her help!" Anakin yelled over the sound of the thunder, glancing up to see Aidan leading a company of his men through the skies. They were headed straight for the trebuchets. Within a few seconds 4 of his men were already falling from the skies, either dead or hit by nightshot. Anakin watched with big eyes as the king was hit mid-air by the weapon, almost plummeting to his death.

"Incoming!" Fives yelled loudly as he watched the king coming his way, diving out of the way just in time as the king collided on the ground right on the spot he was previously standing. Obi-Wan watched as the mess of golden feathers and dirt writhed on the ground.

"For the love of Freya." Aidan grumbled as he slowly managed to stand up, glancing up at the skies to see his troops disperse quickly. As he watched in horror he was hit by another projectile, thrown to the ground again but just out of range of another shot. "Kenobi!" He yelled as he managed to find some cover. "Where's my sister?!"

"Why does everybody keep asking me that?!" Obi-Wan yelled in frustration. "You know well enough that Lyanna is her own- ANAKIN!" He interrupted his sentence when he saw another fireball coming their way, using the force to hold it back before it hit the shield and could end their lives. As he slowed it down he realized he wouldn't be able to do it alone. Luckily, a loud Anakin came to his aid, standing up and extending his arms to divert the projectile with all his might.