☽ 37 ☾

"Yoongi hyung!" Jimin called, walking out of the house. The elder was practicing outside. Well, Jimin was supposed to practice as well, but he got a break. He watched the other practice for a while, before remembering what he came out for. 

"Yoongi hyung!" Jimin called once again. 

This time, the white-haired stopped practicing and turned around at him, "What?"

"I've got a question."

The elder gave an expression that seemed like he was thinking, "Okay, what is it?"

"Um, you said that apart from this one, there are few more other sanctuaries like this, right?"

Yoongi hummed, walking over and sitting down next to him, "Yeah."

"So, I don't get it. Why would the people from other sanctuaries try to attack this on.. or me? I mean that doesn't make any sense." Jimin mumbled. 

He looked up, hearing Yoongi chuckle quietly. The elder ruffled his head and he wondered if he said something wrong. 

"Not the other sanctuaries, Moonboy." Yoongi replied. 

Jimin raised his eyebrow at that, "Then?"

"The banished ones."

Jimin froze hearing that. His eyes widen a little as he looked at Yoongi with shock, "Banished ones?"

The elder sighed a nodded, "Some people... like me, who lose control over our animals. We eventually get banished from this place because it's not safe keep us here."

"But you're-"

Jimin fell quiet when Yoongi pressed his finger on his lips and smiled a little. Then, the elder leaned into a placed a quick kiss.

"You saved me, but some people aren't as lucky." Yoongi continued, "Some people lose thier humanity forever and turn into complete animals. They can never change back again. And this place is no longer meant for them. And some people, forget how to shift to their animal forms. Staying human forever. But you can still see the humanity or the essence of their animals inside them."

"How?"

"Have you ever wondered how some people can adjust to instant darkness without any problem. Or how some people just have an excellent sense of hearing or smell? They may have forgotten how to shift, but the animal inside them remembers." Yoongi explained, "And some animals... they just seem to have way more understanding about humans than others. Some wolves, warm up to people quicker than others. Or how some animals are more humane than the others."

"But why were they banished?" Jimin asked quietly. He couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to Yoongi if he didn't stumble upon this place by accident. 

"Animals... they can't stay here. This place is not cut out for them. And as for the humans, it can risk revealing our identity to the outside world. They have to leave." Yoongi answered. 

Jimin hummed in acknowledgment. Then he suddenly remembered the reaction on Ethan's face when he showed them the mark. He knew he could get some answers from Yoongi, because the elder too was surprised that day.

"Hyung..."

"Hmm?"

"And what about that mark?"

He noticed Yoongi furrow his brow a little as he bit his lips. He seemed to contemplating whether or not to answer. 

"Yoongi, please?" Jimin pleaded. He really needed to know. Because he hoped that would answer the questions in his mind. He kept on seeing images on repeat. And recently one of them had that mark.