No More Lockhart and A Little Bit of Fun

"Ron, you're actually taking calligraphy? With your hand writing?" remarked Blaise and the red head rolled his eyes. "Yes, I am. Shouldn't you be more worried about the Potions essay you still haven't finished?"

Blaise snorted but didn't respond as he went back to his own writing.

After Hadrian had written to Lucius, Hogwarts had undergone an immense change. Athens Fawley, the runes teacher, now only taught first and second years advanced runes while two other professors, Merda Yaxley and Harrison Potts, taught the other years.

Lucius had apparently had a long and tedious discussion with the other Governors as well as the educational department of the ministry and they had finally agreed that Hogwarts wasn't where it should be when it came to education. In fact, Hogwarts had gone down hill since Dumbledore became Headmaster.

Hogwarts had once been the top school for wizarding families to send their children, it was now only ranked ten.

Thanks to Hadrian, the older years now had more options for what they wanted to do in the future.

"Defense is next." sighed Draco as the group stood, packing up their things. They had been finishing up work in the library during lunch. "Oh great." groaned Ron.

"If I have to hear another dim witted Gryffindor girl gush over Lockhart's dimples, I think I might just vomit up my intestines." muttered Neville, Hadrian chuckling. "That wouldn't be good for your health." he said as the group exited the library.

But when they entered the defense room, they were met with the sight of a tall, familiar man writing on the board. He turned to face them and Hadrian couldn't help but stare in disbelief.

"Moony? What are you doing here?" he breathed and the wolf smiled. "I'm your new defense teacher. I will be for quite some time. The ministry were very pleased with my credentials. It's nice to see you all." he said as they took their seats and Blaise gave a sigh of relief.

"Thank Merlin. You have a lesson planned, right? No quizzes on your favorite color? No weird demonstrations?" he remarked and Remus chuckled. "No, none of that. But if you wanted to know, my favorite color happens to be blue." he then paused as the other students entered the room, looking shocked at his appearance.

"Good afternoon everyone. My name is Remus John Lupin. I'll be your permanent defense teacher for your remaining years here at Hogwarts. Professor Lockhart has unfortunately, been terminated upon realization that he is not suited for this position." explained the wolf, smiling in amusement at the disappointed sounds made from most of the girls in the room.

"Sir? Would you tell us something about you?" asked Longbottom, his expression oddly suspicious and Remus hummed. "Alright. What is it that you wish to know?" he remarked, looking around the class.

Lavender Brown raised her hand and Remus nodded toward her.

"What was your House in school?"

"Ravenclaw. With that said, I hope you know I don't take kindly to slackers. I expect you all to pay attention to what I will be teaching you. It's crucial for the future." he replied, nodding to another student.