Chapter III: An Unforeseen Problem

Kara and Farah had been lost in the middle of the forest, the tracks of their companions seemed to have been hidden by an expert hunter.

"Damn, that was playing dirty," Kara thought aloud, as she searched for the tracks of her companions.

"Hey, Kara, can you explain to me what it's a marble dragon?"

"Okay, it's quite an ancient dragon race, it's known for its tough white skin similar to marble columns, it's sure if we attack that with the swords they gave us they will break without making a single scratch on the dragon."

"How will we pass the test then?" Farah asked worried about her future.

"We'll hit it with our shields, they've been forged very recently, and it looks like it's pretty tough."

"Kill a dragon with shields? It doesn't seem like a good idea."

"If you follow my orders to the letter, we'll only have to worry about the fire."

"Fire!? You mean it spits fire?"

"In the first place it's a dragon, and in the second you don't have to worry about it, it doesn't spit fire," the girl asserted.

"Good thing," she exclaimed, relieved.

"He just cover himself with it," she continued before walking on her way.

At the same time, the three boys reached the foot of the mountain, there Sven was waiting for them leaning against a large rock.

"I see that you have arrived safely, I was worried that you would get lost in the forest."

"Please, who do you take us for? We are the future of the Dragonslayers, we would not do something as foolish as lose ourselves in the forest," Harold replied arrogantly.

"Is that the cave where the dragon lives?" Ulf asked, pointing to a hole at the top of the mountain.

"Yeah, but there's something wrong," he said, looking at the entrance.

"What happens?" Banner asked scared.

"Normally when we go to the caves of the marble dragons you can smell the sulfur they give off from their bodies."

"You mean there is no dragon?"

"I don't know, it may just be my imagination."

The entrance to the cave lit up, suddenly a dragon covered in fire came out of the hole and flew high, exploding into a thousand pieces.

"Did you see that!?" Kara asked, stepping out of the undergrowth.

"Yeah, it looks like that dragon's age has reached its limit," Sven clarified. "Well, we'll have to look for another proof, but first let's go find that dragon's treasure."

Sven and the recruits entered the cave without any concern, inside it was excavated and the walls, floor and ceiling were covered with rock bricks, instead of a cave this place looked like a dungeon.

"Open damn door!" A boy shouted from the end of the hall, hearing him, the Dragon Hunters were running towards him.

The boy wore a helmet, a bib, a skirt and boots of scorched steel, his sword was broken and he had no shield; The boy was pulling a fully melted doorknob unable to open the door.

"Who you are?" Sven asked, pushing the recruits away just in case.

The boy looked at Sven and took off his helmet revealing his eyes, one lime green and the other electric blue, and his black hair.

"I am Furleigh, I have killed the dragon that inhabited this place."