T H E V I A L

lucille granger

I stand in front of the mirror, examining my body. The newborn sun hits my dark brown hair, making it a light brown shade with minimal streaks of auburn. I glance over at Onyx, sound asleep. She arrived back at the dorms late, I assume.

I look at my inner thighs and I notice slight bruising. I gently press against them and wince. I notice other marks on my chest. I check my neck to make sure I don't have any on there, but soon enough I discover a small nip not too obvious. Memories of last night soon surface, but I look away from the mirror before I'm stuck rewinding the scenes again.

I put on my uniform as usual and head out the door earlier than ever just to head over to Hogsmeade.

I suck in the cold air of the corridors. Why is it always cold? I reach the commons and notice a few early birds chatting, such as Lorenzo.

"Oi, you're up early," Lorenzo beams from the couch. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Good morning," I greet as I make my way towards the couch and give him a hug, "What're you doing up early?"

"I would ask you the same thing," Lorenzo responds, shutting his book closed. "I'm studying for the fucking O.W.L.S test yet again. McGonagall thinks I got stupid". He huffs and I chuckle, empathizing for him yet finding it funny that McGonagall took a while realizing that. "And you? Where are you headed at this time?"

"Hogsmeade," I reply, huffing and taking a seat right next to him. "Onyx is asking for vials".

"Woah, vials as in.. The Vial?" he glares at me in shock. I nod, and he lets out a laugh. "Called me sick and now she's over here letting Blaise spunk in her, too! Hypocrite," He jeers.

"Do you want to tag along?" I suggest. He sarcastically taps his temple, pretending to think.

"Hmm.. Do I want to study for this test or go out and shop?" He states. I roll my eyes. "You already know the answer".

And with that, we both get up from the couch and head out the commons.

Lorenzo usually always walks fast, so it's a little painful to be walking at his speed. I wince every 2 minutes because of how literally numb my legs feel. It felt like I did a work out the night before.

"You're a slow poke today, Lucille," Lorenzo joked. He ran his fingers through his hair as the sun hits his skin, taking a deep breath in and a deep breath out. As we exit the school and into the courtyard, I hear soft conversations around me held by students who favor waking early to enjoy the sun. "Beautiful day, innit?"

"Indeed," I respond with energy. We trot side by side heading to Hogsmeade. "While we're there, do you want to visit Honeydukes? I could go for some chocolate frogs".

"What kind of question is that? Duh," He responds, slinging his book bag over his shoulder before it slipped, "I might actually grab a few vials from J.Pippins' Potions as well".

"Gross," I comment as he lightly shoves me.

"Don't judge me, Lucille Granger. Sad you're not get action, is it?" He snickers.

***

We enter Honeydukes and the aromas of cocoa, peppermint, and pumpkin instantly hit my nose. My mouth salivates instantly as I move closer inside.

"Find me chocolate frogs, will you?" I plead to Lorenzo as he shifts towards the end of the store.

"Mhm!" He responds. I look around to find some snacks for Onyx. I grabbed a few Cauldron Cakes and Exploding bon-bons.