thirty-one || breathing in the bluebells

the song for this chapter is "Lady In The Wall," by Danny Knutelsky :)

*********** 

I don't know you well

But I'll stay closerI don't know you wellBut I'll stay closer

*********** 

Tate

   I ran upstairs as soon as I was done with breakfast. I was so excited to go out for a bit. It's crazy how much you crave the simple things such as going to the market once you've been deprived of them.

   I shut my bedroom door behind me and locked it, before going over to my bag and opening it, pulling out a light pink short-sleeved ribbed shirt, and fiddled around until I found my black jeans. I changed into them, and then went back over to the bag and found my cream cardigan. I know it seemed silly, changing just to go to the market, but just putting on a nicer outfit than leggings and a sweatshirt was already brightening my mood. 

    I put back on my white trainers, before going into the bathroom and putting on some of my perfume, digging around in my toiletry bag until I found the pair of small gold hoops and dainty necklace I was looking for as a final touch. 

    I smiled at myself as I looked in the mirror. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I looked like myself again. I could indulge in my recently acquired habit of playing pretend and enjoy a normal day...although with some not so normal people. 

    I was about to walk out of the bathroom when I decided to do a few extra steps. I reached into my bag and pulled out some brown mascara, my eyelash curler, some cream blush, and my tinted lip balm. I applied a light layer of mascara after I curled my lashes and then dabbed on some of the blush, finishing it all off by swiping some of the rose-tinted lip balm onto my lips.

    Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. I flipped off the bathroom lights and walked back into the bedroom. 

    "Who is it?" I called out.

    "A psychopathic killer!" I heard Harry chime back in a high pitched voice. 

  I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore the fact that part of what he had said was true. I walked over to the door and unlocked it, pulling it open to reveal Harry standing there, with his arm above his head, lazily pressed against the doorframe. His eyes widened as he took in my appearance.

    I blushed under his gaze. I don't think I had ever blushed this much before I met Harry. It was honestly a miracle that my face didn't literally burst into flames. 

   "Wow, you look...beautiful. N-Not that you don't always look beautiful. You look beautiful all of the time, it's just that right now, you look exceptionally beautiful. I mean-" Harry sputtered out, clapping his hand on his forehead. 

   I giggled softly. I'm sure Harry wasn't used to giving people genuine compliments, and I think that he was still getting the hang of it.

   Much to his relief, I cut him off. "Thank you, Harry."

    He smiled down at me before turning around to check and see if anyone was nearby. Once he decided it was safe, he came in and shut the door behind him, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in closer, leaning in and pressing a kiss against my forehead.

   I snuggled my head into his chest, breathing in the now-familiar scent of his cologne. 

  "Please be safe today, okay?" He mumbled into my hair.