Chapter 53 |An old friend makes a presence|

Warning: Chapter contains strong language!

••••

Few more weeks passed. Raizada house was buzzing with happiness because of the sudden yet immensely happy news. They couldn't wait to welcome yet another member to their now expanding family. Arnav was equally elated for his brother and Payal.

Khushi on the other hand faced the same emotions. She had decided to be there for her sister in such a delicate time, to help her through everything possible. The feel of holding her niece or nephew close to her heart warmed her soul.

Being still occupied in the process of their collaboration, Arnav and hers, Khushi was uncertain if she could direly ignore him as she'd being doing since the last couple weeks. She had managed to decamp from his presence a lot of times but she knew that it had to elapse. Her sister was pregnant and she'd be paying her house a visit now more than ever causing her to come in contact with everyone present there.

The thought seemed fidgety to her but she knew she'd be able to make peace with it as time proceeded. The saying 'time heals everything' wasn't totally false, because it did, it was showing its true meaning to her right now. The bitterness in her heart was ineffably starting to wear off, and she was glad for it.

Maybe seeing them again... him, her heart whispered, had settled ataraxy in her once antsy heart. She was content by the new found tranquility, and it didn't really mean that she was willing to share her life with him again, she was unsure if that'd ever even happen in her books. Her thoughts for sure were very contradicting, sometimes sad, sometimes angered, sometimes happy, sometimes everything jumbled together but even then, she was now definitely in a much better headspace.

However, Arnav on the other end had a different story to tell. Insecurities, uncertainty, impatience, aggravation had doubled for him. He was furious by the thought of her love life, he couldn't explain how much he wanted to be in the place of her good for nothing boyfriend. But he knew patience was going to be his best mate through these times even if it was hard to obtain. There were times he looked up to positively, like when they'd work together, even though her concentration was never on him, just having her in the same room as him was a great pleasure.

Many days had gone by since they'd seen each other, but that was coming to an end soon. A lot of festivities, meetings and appointments were piled up where the presence of both was required. Their collaboration had just begun and would keep proceeding till a year or two before everything was perfected, as it would a great launch to both parties, which judging, would make them both a handful amount of profit, therefore, everything had to scream 'impeccably flawless'.

Another day at the office arrived, and a meeting was held after many days in the presence of the most integral. Business language was the only one exchanged between Arnav and Khushi. Both remained gravely professional.

Soon it came to an end and with some people conversing in a corner, Arnav came and took a seat next to Khushi who was seen ticking on her phone.

"Hey!" He greeted and a nod with a curt smile was what he got in return. "How've you been?"

"Great. You?"

"Me too." He replied with mixed emotions. "Really happy. Payal and Akash are pregnant."

"I know right, I'm so excited for them." She smiled genuinely.

"You have plans after this?"

"Not really, why?"

"I was thinking, maybe we could have lunch together." He saw how her eyes widened slightly. "I mean for business purposes, we could discuss furthermore about the trips we'd be taking to other countries regarding the launch."