𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ↴

PART ONEa familiar group of four

PART ONE
a familiar group of four

· ˚ .   *   · ✵    · · ˚ *   .  ✵ . · ˚ *   .     · ✺ · .   *   · ✵    · · ˚ *

interlude brought to you by your hosts,
melody heaven healey & aurora briar blanc.

· ✺ · .   *   · ✵    · · ˚ *

"QUIDDITCH SEASON THREATENS TO
fall upon us," Aurora Blanc commented, hands clasped delicately around her cup of chamomile infused tea. The perfect temperature, she'd noticed– wouldn't burn her palms, but it was cozy enough to warm not only her hands, but her spirits up.

"Oh, I'll believe it now," Agreed Melody Healey, settling for picking up a small butter biscuit the house elves were kind enough to offer them. They knew about the two girl's meeting up every week to deliberate about the latest occurrences... it would only be natural that they'd notice the tradition, especially given the fact that they held their meetings right outside the kitchens, at what would be dinner time for the students. "It's all my four idiots have talked about for the past week."

"Apologies," Aurora let out the quietest of laughs, lingering on holding the mellow cup for a second more, before carefully putting it down. "My sister has been raving on about it as well, she's managed to pass it on to me, and to think we aren't even in the same common room!" She observed.

"Must be peaceful," Melody said. She didn't want to be one to judge, but being a member of Gryffindor house, she would dare say she was in the right to assume there was no other house more chaotic. "You see, Sean Lenon used to be the team's captain, but he graduated last year. Now, Weasley and James have been trying to prove, avidly, why they'll be announced team captains," She explained.

"Oh, I do recall," Aurora nodded, looking as if she'd truly reminisced on it, right then and there. "Who are Lucy and Thomas placing their bets on?" She wondered.

"Thomas on James, claims it to be plot convenience," Melody began, moving her curls away from her face for what felt like the hundredth time to her... oh, but she was stubborn. Insisted on keeping her hair down. "By the way, Weasley said you'd put your vote on him–"

"Absolutely not," Though that may be, in part a lie. Fred Weasley was a decent, and very enthusiastic player, Aurora would admit, never aloud. As if speaking it would somehow raise his overinflated ego, even if he didn't hear it.

"Don't tell him that, he's set on it," The other adviced, placing her hands above the gentle smoke of her own cup of tea. "Anyway... it's Lucy's word that she doesn't care as long as it is one of those two," At Aurora's inquiring glance, Melody continued. "She's trying out this year, seeker position. It's always convenient to have the final judge be someone with a tendency to favour you."

"I would dare say she'd get in either way. I trust her on it," Aurora assured, after a small, yet essential instance of deliberation.

Yes, Melody would be bold enough to agree. She liked to think it was not because of her own bias, but all based solely on facts. The subjective part of her, victim to emotions, hopes, and dreams did strongly wish she was right. She never quite understood the raging excitement about Quidditch, perhaps because there was no one to inject her with that joy for the sport from a young age, and no one to play it with. At least, not before she was eleven and met her now friends. Or, it could be simply because she wasn't any kind of sports enthusiast. But it meant something to those around her, it made her want to go to the matches, to roll her eyes at Thomas Stewart, who jumped up and down every time Gryffindor scored, dorkily beaming each of those times, without fail. As if she wasn't eagerly watching every move her house mates made in the air.

"I think you're right. No surprise," Melody said, trying to make her slow nodding as classy and nonchalant as she could. They could've sat in comfortable silence, if they so wished, but she has just remembered something she 'couldn't for bloody hell's sake forget', as said by Fred Weasley. "Nearly forgot, Arie. Weasley has asked me to politely and formally invite you to watch the Gryffindor tryouts. I am guessing he would like you to be there whether or not he ends up leader," She added the last part with a small shrug of her shoulders, though she was quite sure of her assumption.

Aurora bit the inside of her cheeks at Fred's message. Weasley boys, how could they be so... flamboyantly idiotic? So much so, she had to bite her cheeks to avoid voicing that to her dear friend. "I will consider it," She spoke. Yet, the hint of a smile glowed by the corners of her lips. "Will you be there?"

"I don't fancy witnessing that frenzy," Melody said, no hesitation on her tone, but she wasn't all that sure about how solid her statement was. "But, Thomas will be there... uh, I don't know. If that were to be of any help." This time, it was Aurora who nodded, and that comfortable silence fell between the two girls.

Immersing herself in the quiet of the night (for the Great Hall was too far away to hear the chatter), the faint smell of sugar and chamomile, the chilly yet pleasant breeze wandering through the castle, and the large, antique columns in front of them, Melody found the familiar calmness that seemed to accompany each of her little meetings with Aurora. She found herself thinking she would have to revel on it more than she had before, sixth year would be over in the blink of an eye if she was distracted. Along would come seventh year... and that would be it.

Merlin, maybe she ought not to think of that, but simply have that moment to herself, the person she was right in that moment.

As she reached out to move the hair from her eyes once again, the vaguest of smiles met her expression.