Chapter 19: Brother

Peter and I sat on his bed, talking about anything that really came to mind. But it's just mostly me explaining stuff on Earth.

"And what about movies? Any good movies that I come close to being as good as Footloose?" Peter leaned against the wall with his legs stretched out next to me.

My back was against the wall opposite of him with my legs stretched bedside his.

"There are a lot of movies better than Footloose." I nodded with a snort. "Footloose isn't even that popular anymore, if it was ever popular."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that." Peter waved me off as he crossed his arms and played with the troll doll in his hand. "You just lost a few points on being the best long lost sister found."

I scoffed.

"Anyone would be lucky to have me as a sister, let alone a biological sister." I squinted my eyes at the older dude.

"Mmm." Peter scrunched his face with uncertainty, clearing not agreeing with my statement.

I rolled my eyes at the stupid face.

"We're almost there, you should probably start suiting up." Gamora spoke from the doorway. Peter smiled to himself as his back was to her.

"Sure." I nodded to her. She smiled softly and glanced at Peter. I noticed a lingering stare, the same on I give Loki.

"Don't forget about your swords. Swords are your thing." Peter called back to her. She let out a laugh before she disappeared out the room.

I smirked at Peter. "I wouldn't be surprised if you two were soulmates."

Peter's eyes widened as he let out a huff of disbelief.

"Oh, I don't know." He let out an nervous laugh, blushing slightly at the thought. "I mean, like, meant to be with her? We were never meant to cross paths. She tried to kill me when we first met, and steal from me."

"Loki tried to kill me and take over my planet, but I can't help but love him."

Peter scoffed. "Something I probably will never understand. He sounds like a dick."

"He is not a dick... most of the time." I know he can be a little rude sometimes, but he's never been rude or me. I know he has a soft side.

Peter just snorted as I got up from the bed.

I don't really take that long to suit up, so I can wait a little longer.

We're going to a planet called Jaukun. These names be hella confusing. We got a message for help from a planet that is pretty far from where we were.

"I'm glad you and her get along." Peter spoke sincerely from the bed. I looked back at him before I walked out the door. "I'm glad you're actually here and able to get to know here. Get to know them."

I pursed my lips into a sad smile. "I'm happy that you're doing so good, even when you didn't know where I was. I'm happy you got over it, which sounds horrible."

I laughed as Peter chuckled softly. His gaze not moving from the troll in his hand.

"Do you remember this?" He raised the small pink troll with crazy pink hair. I hummed with a nod.