The Santini's

Song: Dangerous by Big Data

"So what exactly happened with Ollie?" I ask Kira as we eat lunch at school.

"I straight up asked him what happened. He said he and Jake were only there the first time, and after than it's been that guy Kian. He apologized for not telling me about it but didn't want me involved in anything like that. Honestly, I think it made us closer," she responds with a shrug and a smile.

"I'm happy for you, Ki," I respond honestly.

"What's the word on Jake?" Dani asks, poking at her salad.

"We haven't talked. Well, he's tried, I'm ignoring. Wait, they were only there the first time? He didn't even mention that."

"From what Ollie said, Jake didn't think it would have made a difference since it was still his family." Kira gives me a sad smile.

"But it would. His dad made him do a job. Yeah, it was bad timing, but like he had said, he didn't know I was going to confess my feelings for him. Fuck. I'm so stupid. I didn't even give him a chance to explain his side. I just jumped to conclusion and basically said he was just like my dad."

"I'm sorry, but that's harsh," Dani says, her eyes narrowed at me.

"Trust me, I know Dee." Before I can say anything else, someone is tapping me on the shoulder. I look behind me and see some kid standing there awkwardly. "Can I help you?"

"I was sent from the office. Here you go," she says softly, handing me a note, then running away.

"What the fuck was that," Kira laughs. I shrug and open the note.

"If you value your mothers life, you will come and not make a scene. I have eyes everywhere. Your dad owes us money, and you're going to pay. We will text you an address. Come alone."

"What does it say?" Dani asks, still laughing at something stupid Kira just spouted off. I freeze, not able to move or talk. Slowly, I lay the note down, and stand up. I lean down to grab my bag, moving closer to Dani.

"Tell Jake," is all I whisper, before grabbing my bag, standing up straight, and walking out of the cafeteria like nothing is happening.

My phone buzzes in my pocket when I get into my car, and I see an unknown number texted me, with an address. They really are watching me. I put the address into my gps, and set off in the direction it tells me.

When I pull up to an abandoned house fifteen minutes later, my heart is racing in my chest. I step out of my car, leaving my phone on the seat, knowing they will probably make sure I don't have it on me. I leave everything in the car, and make my way towards the building.

Once I step inside, the opened door floods light into the dark building. I look around, trying to see anything, but it's too dark.

"Glad you could make it," an unfamiliar voice says, the door behind me slamming shut. I jump, spinning around on my heels.

"Who are you?" I ask, backing away from him.

"Your worst nightmare," he smirks. Suddenly I'm grabbed from behind, and something hard is hit against my head, before everything fades to black, and I swear I hear my mom screaming.

——

Jake's POV

"Jake! Jake!" I hear Dani and Kira screaming out my name as I'm walking down the empty school halls with Ollie and Q. I turn on my heel, letting them catch up. "Jake. Oh my god. Look." Dani thrusts a piece of paper into my hands, and I look down at it confused.

"What is this?" I question, unfolding the piece of paper. I read the words on the paper, and my blood runs cold.

"She got it from some kid who said she was sent from the office, but I've never seen her before. Then she read the note, set it on the table slowly, and told us to get you before she left. I don't know where she went," Kira says, sobbing uncontrollably. Ollie wraps her up in a tight hug, as my fists clench the paper together.

"Q, call my dad. Tell him what's going on. I'm going after her. Have him trace her phone and text me the address," I yell, running down the halls.

I hop into my car, and speed out of the parking lot. I have no idea where I'm going though, so I try to think of who would take her. Who would her dad owe money to?

Then it clicks.

The Santini's.

The Santini's aren't nearly as feared as my dads own, but they're up there. And if you mess with them, they don't go straight to you, they go to anyone you know and kill them. Which is why I'm fucking livid and terrified at the same time. They have my princess, and her mom.

My phone dings through my radio, and it's a text from Q with an address. I input it into my gsp, and go way too fast over the speed limit to get there. But I don't fucking care. I need to find my girl. Even if she's not mine anymore.

The fifteen minute drive only takes me eight with how fast I was driving. I park a little ways away from the house, and hop out of my car. I immediately spot Emma's range rover, and peak in the window. All of her stuff is inside. Smart girl. That's how we were able to trace her phone.

I grab my gun from the holster on my ankle, and sneak around the back of the house. I quietly walk up the back steps, and open the door, stepping inside. I can hear people talking, but what gets my blood boiling is Emma begging for them to stop whatever they're doing.

"Nobody is going to save you. Your dad put you in this mess, and you're going to pay for it. You and your mom. And when we're done with you, we'll send pictures to your little boyfriend." a guy sneers, his voice oddly familiar.

"Jake," a voice whispers. I turn and see Q and Ollie sneaking in behind me. I motion for them to go different directions, and they do quietly.

It's about to get loud and messy in here.