four

This chapter is going to be an adventure. I'm just going to leave it at that. 

You walk out of the house and stand in the driveway

You walk out of the house and stand in the driveway. Tears are running down your face and you realize you're going to have to try to find a ride home. You pull out your phone and call Emily.

"Hello," she groggily answers the phone.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," you say in between sniffles. "I need a ride home. My car is still at work."

"Send me the address. I'll be there as soon as I can," she says sternly. She can tell you're not okay.

You hang up and text her the address. You sit there, hoping that Hotch would come out and explain the bullshit he just pulled on you. But it doesn't happen. He doesn't care. Emily pulls into the driveway, looking you up and down. You slowly get into the car.

"You look like someone just abused the fuck out of you," she blurts, continuing to look you up and down. You pull down the sunvisor, looking at your neck and collarbone. You're covered in bruises and scratch marks. Your hair was everywhere. Hell, if Emily didn't know whose house I was at, she might think I've become a victim. Thank god tomorrow's Saturday, you think.

The rest of the car ride was quiet. You don't think Emily wants to know what's happened. She pulls into your driveway and right as you're about to get out of the car, she asks, "Why were you at Hotch's house?" Her voice was cracking, and you can see tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

"Em, I really don't want to have to explain the obvious," you reply, your voice is soft.

"Y/N, you know that I've been in love with you for the past six months and you're going to just go fuck our boss? Who, not to mention, is married?" She's getting mad, her anger killing you.

"It's fucking complicated," you shout at her. "I don't fucking know what's going on between us."

She sighs. She won't look at you. You grab her hand. "I'm sorry, Em. I never meant to hurt you. You know I love you, just not in the same way you do me."

She gives you a small smile. "It's okay. I swear to god I'm going to kill Hotch, though."

You both chuckle and you start to get out of the car. "I love you, Em. Thank you for coming and getting me out of that mess."

She smiles at you, waving before she drives off.

--------------

You wake up the next morning, groggy as hell, to your phone ringing. You don't bother to look at the caller ID, you just answer.

"Hello?" you say.

"Y/N, we need to talk about last night." It was Hotch. Of course it was fucking Aaron Hotchner. I really should've checked the caller ID, you think.