𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Ep 5: Secrets...?

I'll try to practice doing POVs here, hope you'll like this format~

Haerin's POV

I stared at the wine glass i was holding while sitting on my swivel chair.

he's persistent and bold. he knows how to play his game. 

"CEO Cha?"
I glanced at Minji's direction and spoke.

"What is it?"

"The schedule for tomorrow is updated already. Would you like to take a look?"
Minji asked me and gave me the tablet. I took it from her hands and scanned the schedules.

Just like usual, The morning was packed up and the evening too. dozens of meeting i need to attend. This is great for the company but not for my health. Goddamnit.

"You have free time on the afternoon. what would you like to do?"

"Set another meeting for Mr.Shim's son."
i bluntly said and sipped the wine on my glass.

I should really go home now huh?

"You're still not giving up on him Ms. Cha?"
I looked at Minji with my eyebrows arched a little.

"Why would I? This is business."

"You know Ms. Cha, he's not an obnoxious entrepreneur unlike you. You shouldn't treat him as an employee on the first place if you want him to sign the marriage contract. You are talking about Marriage. Not just a small business potential."
I glared at Minji and clicked my tongue.

"To lie and manipulate. That's what you are talking about Minji?"
Minji bowed in front of me.

"Pardon my words CEO. I was out of line."
She apologized. I just nodded my head. This thing is not a big deal at all. 

what concerns me..

"As long as you understood what you did wrong, I'll take your apology..."
I slid my hands under my desk feeling something small bumping on it.

"You know how i hate peoples who don't know their places."
I took the recorder out from my desk and gave it to Minji.

"I hope they heard my warning."
I said and turned my swivel chair.

"What is he up to? I'm starting to get annoyed."

First and foremost, why are they even forcing that guy unto me? It's clear that he's not interested in his father's business and yet, They still want me to continue.

Just what are they up to?

Sunghoon's POV

"he's being hard headed again."
Uncle took a sip on his whisky and spoke. 

"It's pretty obvious. either he's really not interested or he's just protecting her. I'm betting it's the second one."
I chuckled as Uncle laughed.

"Jaeyoon really never learned. he knows that he can't escape the reality. he's the only one compatible with the position."
Uncle Jaehwan snickered.

"She's the sole heiress of the Nexus group, They will tell her eventually. we just need to wait."
i looked at Uncle Jaehwan who was smirking at me.

I took my gun out and pointed it to him.

"I don't want the Nexus group on my enemy's team uncle. If jake can't do it, I'll do it."
I sternly said, clearing my intentions. Like hell, they are on the top 5 position. It would be a pain in the ass if they will be on the other side of the table. 

"Oh c'mon sunghoon-ah can't you trust Jake with this? I'm sure he'll make it. "

"he's being a brat right now, probably because of what happened a year ago, he don't want to be involved anymore."
I dropped my gun and slid it on my pocket again, Taking the glass of whiskey on the table and drinking it's content in one go.

"He can't run from his responsibilities. it's either he will move on voluntarily or i will force him to."
Uncle's aura became much more serious. I chuckled.

"How manipulative."
I stood up from my seat and bowed.

"Just for so you know, I'll break the link with the Shims if ever things won't go well with the Nexus group. Take this as a warning, Mr Shim."
i politely warned him. he just laughed.

"Then take this as a warning too Sunghoon-ah.."
He glared at me and spoke.

"If things won't go well with the Nexus group, I'll kill you first."
he threatened me. I smirked at him.

"Sounds fair. I'll trust Jake with my life then."
I joked around. Uncle Jaehwan laughed.

"You know, you can help him if you want to. A little help won't hurt right?"
he raised his glass towards me. I nodded my head and left his room.

Sooner or later, he'll come back on tracks eventually.

A little help won't hurt huh? 

Haerin's POV

5:01 am

I tied my hair as i look at myself in my mirror. I am preparing for my morning jog with my fitted sweatshirt and some jogging pants.  This is one of my morning routines whenever i have time. 

i walked towards the kitchen to grab some water before going out. the moment i opened the fridge, someone rang the doorbell of my house.

It's so early in the morning and i am not expecting any visitor.

who would it be? 

I cautiously walked towards the gate, seeing no one but a small box in front of my house.

It was addressed to me.

"what is this...?"
i went back inside and opened the box.

papers?

no.

"schedules?"

The schedules was Jake's 

You can see here the time of everything he'll do for a day.

how and who...?

i checked what he'll do in the morning. It said he'll walk Layla around the subdivision. luckily, we have the same address so i might bump at him by chance.

I smirked.

the fate is favoring my side.

______________

new format~ I'm still practicing so please pardon me. T^T

Also, what are they up to? pfft- This is getting more intense that i expected- I actually thought of removing this story first but i thought about a more concrete plot last night. Please get ready for a roller coaster rideeeee~

that's all for today. love ya!

(ps. please tell me if there's an error. I'll gladly edit them. chuu~)