SAD BIRDS SING TOO PART TWO

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

CAIM
(n.) lit. "sanctuary"; an invisible circle of protection, drawn around the body with hand, that reminds you that you are safe and loved, even in the darkest times

♢ ♢ ♢

Ravenna was at the verge of tears as she felt her mouth being covered along with her muffled cry for help. She closed her eyes hoping for the worst, but when the hand over her mouth disappeared she hesitantly opened her eyes. With tear strike cheeks she turned around to see her possible opponent. But, relief suddenly replaced the overflowing amount of fear running through her bloodstream.

"Xavier." She whispered as her voice was shaking uncontrollably. It was the one year old's father. Who knew that babysitting her receptionist's baby would help her save her life one day along with her own baby that she just found about herself.

"Ravenna something is wrong here. You're not safe. I heard some things when I headed toward the elevator and I knew that things didn't add up." Tears poured down her cheeks without her even realizing. The thin layer of sweat that had grown over her body now started to make its existence prominent.

"You need to get out of here, but from the back door. Go ahead, I'll be right behind you." Ravenna nodded before heading towards the back door. Every now and then she would look back to make sure Xavier was indeed still behind her. Finally, she reached the door and propped it open.

Looking back, she noticed Xavier had finally caught up to her.

"Come on before they see us." She listened to him and walked out to the open and started to slowly make her way around the building where the car was parked.

Finally, making it to the car she instantly made sure to lock the door to calm her tensed muscles. Her breathing was heavy while her forehead was coated in precipitation.

"Ravenna what's going on?" She knew that she couldn't tell Xavier the truth due to his occupation connected to the law, but she had to tell him something.

"Can you do me a favor please?" Ravenna pleaded. It was not long before Rebecca would disappear only to come after her and the baby.

"Of course." He replied almost immediately.

"I need you to drop me off at a location that I'm giving to you, but please don't ask me any questions. I promise I'll explain everything later." Xavier confused still agreed.

"Alright tell me the address." Ravenna hesitantly gave him the address to the one place she had least expected to go to.

Before she knew it the car had started moving in the direction she had given. Ravenna's eyes grew heavy and she felt herself fall into a deep sleep.

♢ ♢ ♢

The minor shake on her shoulder is what woke her up. She instantly opened her eyes to see Xavier. Ravenna analyzed her surroundings and sighed knowing now was the time she confronted the truth.