fifty eight

"I can't believe you picked me up last night" I scoffed at Aaron's words,

"You're welcome!" I replied sarcastically, crossing my arms as I sat criss cross on my bed and watched him rummage through my closet for an extra pair of clothes, which I usually had for him.

"Oh, yeah do you want me to thank you for fucking Reid, too?"

"God, you're such a pain in my ass!" I started, "How many times do I have to say it was a mistake! And you know what? I shouldn't even have to apologize to you! You fucking left me!"

"You killed your sister!"

"Oh, boo fucking who! Cry me a river, Hotchner. You were just trying to find any excuse to break up with me and you finally got one" I got up, and he turned away from my closet to look at me, "You murdered Foyet, and you know what? You would have killed her too if she broke into your house! Would you rather her be alive right now, or me?"

He waited to answer as we exchanged looks, both angry, but I'm assuming for different reasons. "I always knew there was something going on with you two"

"Oh, my God" I rubbed my forehead, "No, you didn't. You want to know why? Because there isn't anything going on between the two of us!"

We had been fighting all afternoon, he was furious that I had picked him up last night. I guess he wanted to get so blackout he didn't know where he was. Like, gee, I'm so sorry for making sure you got somewhere safe.

"I see the way he looks at you! He's in love with you, Veronica!"

Then, there was complete and utter silence as we stared at one another. It took me a bit to say, "Aaron, he's not in love with me"

"You don't seem so sure anymore"

I started walking closer to him, "No, what I'm not sure about is why you care. You left me for a stupid reason without letting me explain myself, then you threaten to fire me, and then you bring Ashley fucking Beauchamp into the BAU to replace JJ!" I was angry now, and I finally stopped maybe six inches away from him, "A girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes" I paused, "Sound familiar?" I was referring to every single one of his ex girlfriends or ex crushes, who all had the same features, "A girl ten years younger than you, a girl with a serial killer father" I clenched my jaw as I shared the similarities to myself, "You're with her all the time, you're mad at me because of Spencer? I should be allowed to be mad at you because of her" I said her like it was trash on the ground.

"What?" was all that came out of his mouth after almost a minute. "You're really jealous of Seaver?" I stood straighter and flared my nostrils as I realized how dumb it sounded.

I wasn't jealous of her, I was jealous she was getting way more attention than I was.

"Wait," he squinted, "You really think I have feelings for Seaver?"

"What am I supposed to think while she's literally two inches away from you stroking your stab wound? What am I supposed to think when you treat her the same way you treated me when I got back?"

"You mean, like we are right now?" He questioned, and I realized how close we had gotten. I stepped back from him, "Veronica, I-"

I cut him off, "No, I'm so sick and tired of this. You find out I killed my murderous sister who broke into my house, just like you did with Foyet, and you broke up with me for it. Remember what I did when you beat Foyet so bad almost every bone in his body was smashed?" I narrowed my eyes at him, "I comforted you and then on top of it, I was sleeping at your house every night. I was helping you raise your son and took every single last one of my personal days off to stay with you. And you?" I scoffed, "You left me in a parking lot in the middle of North Dakota, on my favorite holiday of the year, right after I had just lost our baby and found out that my best friend was still alive after eleven years"