Tutor

You were always dubbed the "Class Nerd" throughout middle school and some of early high school. I mean, you basically were and were proud of that fact. Were you the smartest person in the room? Not always. But were you in the top five? Yeah, yeah you were. Hell, you usually made the top three. Which is why you were usually regarded for tutoring jobs and helping out students of the class and teaching them everything you knew. Speaking of, you were currently in the back of the room teaching Mina Ashido some of the math and English you all learned today.

She was having a bit of a rough time with the equations that Ectoplasm had taught today since it was some intense algebra with some calculus. Although it wasn't impossible, you both found a way to get the information through her head. So, you gave Ashido some test questions and watched her progress. As she was working, you would glance around the room and then back at her progress.

As Ashido got to the harder questions, she struggled a bit more. You sighed as she looked at you with some pleading eyes. She then made a pouty face, almost trying to play into your schoolyard stereotype to get some answers out of you. You looked at her sternly and pointed back at the paper before her. Ashido groaned again and planted her face down onto the desk again. You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose in frustration.

(Y/N): Ashido, if you wanted my help this much, then do the work I have reviewed with you for the past 30 minutes already

Ashido: But it's so hard.

(Y/N): Look, I have reviewed the same question three times now. If it was so hard, I would need to explain more. You have this information, you just don't want to use it.

Ashido: I do!

(Y/N): Then prove it to me! Show me you understand this stuff and let's move on. I have people I need to see too you know.

Ashido: Oh yeah. Like who?

(Y/N): My other clients!

Ashido: Other what?!

(Y/N): Yeah! I get paid to tutor people you know! I only do our sessions for free since we're classmates so it's a simple review for me.

Ashido pouted again and you rolled your eyes. You tapped her paper and pointed at it and she seemed to get the message. You sighed and went back to reviewing your own notes. You could also see she did get a bit confused on a few so, you sighed and softly pushed your notes towards her so she could understand. Almost like a rapid animal, she quickly took the notes and went over them. You could hear her slam her head down on the desk after she figured out the pretty easy solution.

You also softly chuckled as she had a small breakdown. After a few more minutes, Ashido continued to work along the test questions. You looked up at the clock and saw that it was almost 5 and you needed to head out by then. So, you placed your hand down on her paper and slowly slid it back towards you.

Ashido: But-I need it to-

(Y/N): Can't. I have clients to go see.

Ashido: Just a little more time! Please!

(Y/N): You have notes for that. Tell you what though, I will email you some review sheets. See how well you do there.

Ashido: Really?! Awesome!!!

(Y/N): And can you please not scream everything?

Ashido: Oh, sorry. But thank you so much!

(Y/N): Yeah. No problem.

You packed up your things and made a speedy getaway from the scene. It wasn't that you hated Ashido at all. You were just very busy and had a lot to get done. And yeah, she was a bit of a klutz but nothing you couldn't handle. I mean, you were clumsy back in the day too. Still are to some extent. Still, it was kinda annoying having to tutor your classmate and her not getting anything at all.

Heroics course were meant to be the brightest and strongest students in the country and yet...(sighs) It doesn't matter right now. All that matters is work right now. Clients were pretty easy compared to your classmate, mostly since it was all middle schoolers and a few high schoolers who learned faster from different sources.

You got home pretty late, around 8 or 9, and crashed down onto your bed. You honestly didn't feel like doing anything else at all. That was until you heard your phone go off. You groaned a bit and rolled over onto your back and grabbed the phone to see who the hell messaged you now. And of course, it was Ashido.

The simple text message was a request for the review sheet you promised her earlier that day. You were happy she was taking the initiative and was willing to learn, but couldn't she do this at a later time. Regardless, you said for her to wait a quick second and grabbed some random review sheet on the topic, and sent it to her.

Ashido: (Y/N), this is the same review sheet from earlier.

(Y/N): Sorry. Just got home ok. Give me a second to make something new.

Ashido: Thanks again! ;)

You rolled your eyes in minor annoyance at the comments. Regardless, you did as she asked and created a quick review sheet for her with an answer key and emailed it over to her. You got her confirmation text and smiled as you drifted off to sleep. The following week, Ectoplasm gave you all a test to which you were pretty speedy with finishing it. You also noticed Ashido was a bit faster than usual. Not that you knew her usual pace (Normally one of the last in the class) so, either it was simple for her or your tutoring work.

So, the test ended and everyone left the second the bell rung to call the end of the day. You got out of the class last and made your way down to the exit of the building. You were a bit drained since the days building up to this test were spent tutoring other kids. As you were walking out, someone jumped onto your back and landed down beside you.

(Y/N): Geez! Who the hell-

You looked down and saw Ashido walking next to you with a smile on her face.

(Y/N): Oh, hey.

Ashido: Hey. I just wanted to say thank you so much for the help with the test prep. It really did help a lot.

(Y/N): Did it now? Well, that's good to know.

Ashido: Yep. Got any clients today?

(Y/N): No. I'm taking today off. Been tutoring too many people all at once. It paid well, sure, but man was it tiring to no end.

Ashido: Oh, well that sucks. Well, would you like to head down to the Sugar Bowl, I can get you stuff. Like a smoothie or something along those lines.

You looked over at her and saw her smiling at you. You slowly smiled back and nodded at her.

(Y/N): Sure. Sounds like fun.

Ashido: Great! Let's go!

Ashido grabbed her hand and ran off of campus and down to the Sugar Bowl. You didn't know exactly where this was going, but you were fine with it. After all, even a tutor needs to be taught how to have fun.