CHAPTER 2: QUEEN MAGDALENA

Zander's POV

More than a dozen vampires were discovered near the borders of Wolf's Pond. I had been uncertain to why suddenly they were creeping so close to my fucking borders.

My wrath was flourishing. No one should defy me. I am the demon wolf and I had this feeling that something is going on beneath my nose that I knew nothing of.

"Carson, round up Declan and Duncan, tell them to go to the location of the Beeswax Motel and survey those vamps."

Carson's eyes glossed over and I knew he passed on my orders. "They're on it, Alpha."

Now the quicker I got to this fucking meeting, the quicker these bastards will get the fuck off my premises.

I required everybody to be there, so I mind-linked Allen to assemble all the werewolves 18 and over to the field outside. There's estimated to be around two hundred thousand werewolves coming.

Fuck, Zoey! "Carson, where the fuck is my sister?"

"Alpha, I know you told me to keep an eye on her, but the girl gave me the slip, man. I'm telling you she's gonna be the best tracker in the pack."

Carson was right. My little sister was an excellent tracker. She could pick up scents from miles away and she could also hide her tracks pretty well.

"What are you still standing here for? Go fucking find her," I yelled.

Zoey had been sneaking off for weeks now, she thought I didn't know because I never asked her about it, but now that we have vampires so close to our borders we have to keep safe, so I ordered Carson to keep an eye on her. I don't know why they're here or which clan they are from. I do not trust them one bit.

_________________________

"I didn't find her Alpha, I don't know where she went."

"What the fuck you mean you didn't find her? Where is my fucking sister?" Carson flinched at my outburst.

Gidian was out of control, he was howling for me to let him free. Zoey was always disobeying us. She was the most unruly wolf of them all.

"Good morning, Alpha Zander."

I directed my awareness towards the owner of the voice. "Welcome to my abode, Alpha Fabian, it's my pleasure having you," I greeted the old wolf.

Fabian Wormington was one of the few Alphas that I did not associate with. He's conniving and vindictive, just like his father and Alpha before him. "There's no need to be modest, young Alpha, I know you despise me," he spoke with a glint in his eyes. "Let's walk together since we are both heading to the gathering."

I lead the way, but something felt off. I could smell death, but it was unnatural.

VAMPIRES! On my land and there were thousands of them. I was about to shift and sound the alarm. "Relax, young Alpha, they were invited."

"Invited by whom?" I wanted to know the person who invited these abominations to my lands, so I could rip their head off.

" The Supernatural Counsel, " he deadpanned.

You got to be fucking kidding me! Why the fuck was the Counsel here?

"I thought this was a werewolf only meeting?" Fabian offered me a deceitful grin. I could tell he was thrilled about something and that something was someone else's misfortune.

He rubbed his palms together and for a second I saw an ominous expression in his eyes, but it disappeared as fast as it appeared. "Ah! Alpha Zander, you don't have a phone, how do you expect to know what's going on in the other supernatural communities?"