2 - detention

After explaining to her friends what had happened with McGonagall, it was time to go to their next lesson. Defence Against the Dark Arts with Snape.

Not only that but it was DADA with a group of their least favourite Slytherins. This meant they would have to endure not only Snape, but Malfoy and his gang, and after what just happened, it was bound to be hell.

The four of them took their seats around a table, joined by Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnigan: two of their Gryffindor housemates.

Malfoy, Goyle, Blaise, Theodore Nott, Pansy Parkinson and two other Slytherin girls took their seats around a table at the far end of the room.

Athena could see Pansy whisper something into Malfoy's ear, causing him to look up at Athena. She didn't flinch away from his eye contact, resisting intimidation. Instead she formed a slight snarl at him before shifting her attention towards Snape, who had just entered the classroom.

The hour dragged on miserably, having to endure the torture of Pansy's obnoxious giggles, Snape's constant need to punish the Gryffindors and a countless number of Malfoy's death glares, which Athena returned.

Though finally it was over, and soon enough it would be dinner, and Athena's stomach was making enough racket about it's need for food.

Although she had a detention afterwards, nothing could distract her from the excitement for food. They made their way to the Gryffindor common room where Hermione pulled out her books to study and the rest of them sat around on the sofas.

"What a horrible lesson that was," Ron groaned. "We definitely would have had a way better time at the Three Broomsticks."

"Oh shut it Ron will you," Hermione snapped. "We've already discussed this."

Ron huffed, rolling his eyes. To fill up the time before dinner, Athena followed Hermione's example and began on some homework due for the next day. Harry and Ron however took amusement in a few games of wizards chess.

After a few hours, it was time to go down to the Great Hall for dinner. They took their seats on the Gryffindor table next to the Weasley twins, Fred and George, and Ginny Weasley. They were joined by Neville, Seamus and Dean Thomas. They each filled their plates with different foods, which appealed so much to Athena's rumbling stomach.

As she was adding a spoonful of potatoes, Cedric Diggory, a 7th year Hufflepuff, approached their group. Athena dished the potatoes on her plate quickly, trying hard not to blush.

Over the years, Athena had grown a slight crush on Cedric, slight meaning huge. What's not to like? He was very handsome, extremely kind, popular, had a great talent for Quidditch, being the Captain and not to mention Head Boy. Hermione was the only one who actually knew about Athena's attraction to him, but she would never tell a soul.

It wasn't uncommon to fancy Cedric. Almost every girl in Hogwarts had liked him at some point. Fortunately, Athena did have an advantage, him and Harry being friends.

"Hi everyone,"he smiled, a beautiful radiant beam. "Harry I just wanted to ask about the Quidditch practice and the timings of when Hufflepuff can use the pitch."

Harry, who was sat opposite Athena, shifted over so Cedric could sit down.

Cedric had been friends with Harry now for a few years, this being since fourth year. In their third year however, Cedric had beaten Harry in a Quidditch match which the boys had always been quite salty about. But after a while, they had become good friends, this obviously being a great thing for Athena.

They talked about Quidditch for a while, Ron, Ginny, Fred and George intervening at times. Athena didn't take much interest or concentration in the conversation. She would just gaze at Cedric every now and then when he was talking, studying every fine thing about his face.