Chapter 9: Gob-Job

Anonymous POV

Zander rubbed his tired eyes as he braced himself to hear what his pack-torturers had to say.

Carson waited in anticipation. "Come on Beavis and Butt-Head, spill it. I know this is gonna be a fucked-up story."

The twins glanced at Zander and then at Dimitri.

"Do tell us young mutts, I am dying to hear your reasons, " Dimitri tucked his arms in his pockets.

Carson's chest vibrated with laughter. He patted Dimitri on the back and said, "Vampy, my boy, who knew you were so funny, " Carson snorted. They were all looking at him like he was mad.

"Carson, what the fuck is so funny?" Zander asked frustrated.

"Alpha, the vampire said, 'he is DYING to hear the reason'... But the fucker is already dead, "

"Oh, my, my, my, my!" Dimitri was dazed. Never had he seen a more unfit bunch of wolves. He wondered why this pack was known as the strongest in the world, he just couldn't see it.

Carson's laughter died down, and then he patted the vampire's back once more. "Don't worry bloodsucker, even Pinocchio dreamt of becoming a real boy." Now the twins joined in on the laughter. Carson hugged his belly as his laughter rocked his insides. Tears streamed down his face, he looked up at the vampire and saw him clenching his jaws.

Dimitri didn't like to be taken as a fool. But he had to give props to the beta. He thought he made quite the comedian.

Zander cleared his throat, interrupting Carson and the twins. "That's enough!" He commanded in his Alpha tone. The three wolves ceased their laughter immediately. Carson was worried that Zander was angry at them. He examined his Alpha and saw that he was looking Stoic, but the glimmer in his eyes told a different story, they were singing with unspoken laughter. Carson beamed a bright smile at his best friend. "You deserve a treat for that, Carson, " Zander chuckled through the link.

"For real. Did you see his face when I made the Pinocchio reference?"

"Yes, and that shit was priceless."

Dimitri watched as the two wolves' eyes glossed over, and he knew what they were doing. "You wolves have no decency in your bones. I am your guest and you are having conversations in your minds while I am in your presence, " Dimitri sighed. "But, I guess I should have known better than to think werewolves could be house-trained."

"You watch your tongue, asshole. Remember your mate is a werewolf, " Zander roared.

The twins saw an opportunity to escape from telling their recollection of the incident, so they began to slowly retreat from the room.

"And where do you wankers think you're going?" Dimitri cocked an eyebrow at them.

"It's ok guys, you can leave, " Zander started. The twins released their breaths. Before they could get comfortable, Zander spoke again. "But before you pups leave, you'll have to tell us what happened and then you will apologise to the bloodsuc... I mean, Dimitri," Zander smiled coyly.

"Ok, Alpha, " Talon sighed. "So after we called Duncan and told him we were coming back early, he said he was gonna pick us up at the airport. But Topher here messed up the date of our arrival. Anyway, we came a day earlier that Duncan expected and because of the blizzard, we couldn't get an Uber, so we decided to get a rental from the airport."

"Is this part of the story necessary? Get to the good stuff. I don't have the whole day, " Carson yelled.

"The beta is right, you are stalling, " Dimitri accused.