one

a/n: hi bbys! i'm so excited to start this book, i hope y'all enjoy it !!

keep in mind this is based off of season 3 spencer !
————————————————————————

the sound of your alarm blaring pulls you out of your sleep.

normally , you would just snooze it and go back to sleep, but today you can't. it's your first day at your new job, in a new city.

moving from indianapolis to quantico wasn't as bad as you expected it to be.

quantico is a quiet town, streets dimly lit, cool air always surrounding , it was nice. the change was good for you.

you force yourself out of bed, padding into your bathroom, turning on the shower letting the water warm up to the desired temperature.

you peel out of your clothes , tossing them into the hamper and you step into the shower.

the warm water soothes your body, you mind slipping into thoughts.

the first day, so many first impressions, the first impression is everything. what was it going to be like? who would you meet? what things will you see?

you quickly wash your hair and body, brushing your teeth and quickly getting out, wrapping a towel around yourself and walking to the closet.

you pick out high waisted black slacks, pairing it with a emerald green long sleeve, slipping a black belt between your pant loops, and putting on low black boots.

you walk back into the bathroom, blow drying your hair and lightly curling it , the hair falling to the middle of your back, you decide to keep a middle part today, letting the hair frame your face.

you put on light makeup, just some mascara and a tinted lip gloss. not wanting to look like too much of a try hard.

you place your light gold chain around your neck, the small charm resting in the valley between you're breasts, and you slip your mother's emerald ring onto your finger, that ring is a part of you. you wear it everywhere.

you walk out of the bathroom, grabbing your handbag, and walking out into the kitchen.
you grab an apple and some water, and you walk out of your apartment, locking the door behind you before walking to your car.

you slip into the drivers sit , starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot and beginning your drive to work, singing along to the radio playing in your car, the tune of "pretty girl" filling the air of the car.

you arrive at work, parking your car and grabbing you bag, taking a deep breath before walking up to the clear class doors.

you walk into the door, looking at the directory board on the wall.

BAU - floor 6

you walk over to the elevator , the doors almost closing before a tall man scrambles into the doors, slipping inside the elevator.

he smiles at you , and you giggle at his state of panic.

"tough morning?" you ask and he laughs.

"traffic." he says and you nod.

"i've never seen you around before, are you new?"

"uh yeah! i start my internship with the behavioral analysis unit today." you say smiling and he grins.

"oh! you must me y/n, i'm doctor spencer reid , but just call me spencer." he says.

"nice to meet you , spencer."

"you too."

the elevator dings, the doors opening to a big room filled with desks , a group of people all gathered around one , laughing.

you and spencer walk out of the elevator, you standing awkwardly looking around.

"cmon, i'll take you to hotchs office."

you smile and follow spencer as he takes you up the small steps, leading you to an office.

"don't worry, he's scary at first, but he'll warm up to you." he smiles and gives your shoulder a small squeeze.

"thanks, spencer ." you smile , before knocking on the door of the office.

"come in." a gruff voice states, and you open the door , quietly walking in.

"you must be agent y/l/n, take a seat."

you walk in, sitting at the chair in front of his desk.

"yes, thank you for giving me the internship sir, i appreciate it ." you smile and he nods.

"of course, you're work impressed me."

you smile, feelings accomplished about the work you have done.

"you will be with us on cases, i have a feeling you will get along with the team quite well ."

"your desk is already cleared, welcome to the team y/n." he slightly smiles and you grin.

"thank you sir, i won't let you down."

you smile before standing and walking out of the room, searching for the cleared desk.

you spot and and walk over , setting your bag on the desk, and you see that spencer's desk is right next to yours, he smiles.

"come on, i want to take you to meet the team."

you walk behind spencer , and he leads you to the group of people you saw earlier , their eyes diverting to you .

a dark haired girl is the first to speak , walking over and extending her hand.

"you must me y/n, nice to meet you! i'm emily, emily prentiss." she smiles and you smile back.

"nice to meet you."

you then meet the others, a petite blonde named jj, a bubbly blonde named penelope, her instantly hugging you as she saw you , a man named derek, and THE david rossi .

they all welcomed you so nicely , you were sure you would get along with them just fine , the feeling making you smile and feel less awkward.

today you were working on paperwork , hotch told spencer to help you with it , so you and spencer made your way back to your desk, spencer walking you through the process of the files, cracking small jokes here and there.

you smile to yourself , maybe this new change wouldn't be so bad after all.
————————————————————————
HEHEHEHEH i'm so excited to start this book!! love y'all -kelly🤍