Chapter 7

Elena watched them cautiously before looking back at Bonnie. Her previously scared and cold look softening at the sight of her friend. "Bonnie..." she sighed softly, wishing her friend wasnt dragged into this.

"Hey, Bonnie. Long time, no see" Stefan greeted with a mocking grin before it faded as he downed his glass, feeling a bit hungry but knowing Klaus probably wanted him to stay put.

Bonnie sighed softly, feeling relieved Elena still appeared to be okay and not harmed. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked softly before shifting her gaze to Stefan for a moment. It was clear there was something wrong with him. He didn't have the same kind and caring tone he always had.

"I'm fine. Stefan's humanity is off" Elena said, swallowing a little as she looked over at her ex.

Bonnie's eyes widened slightly at the information, though she didn't have much time to process it as soon Rebekah addressed her.

"So you're the witch that tried to kill my brother" Rebekah said, looking at Bonnie.

"I did." She confirmed making sure to keep any fear out of her voice. "Courtesy of your other brother, Elijah."

Rebekah rolled her eyes a little at that. "And then Niklaus locked my brother back in one of his boxes he keeps around for us." She said and poured herself a drink. "It was rather rude of you to go and give my necklace over to another girl, Stefan. Even if you didnt remember our history together"

"Are you expecting some apology? Some chocolates in a heart shaped box? Maybe some flowers? I dont care about you. Or your precious, fragile heart. Frankly, I dont care about either of you." Stefan said.
"I'm only here because of Klaus."

"You're an ass" Rebekah said sourly. "You were so much more fun in the 20s"

Bonnie blinked in surprise as she listened to Rebekah and Stefan's conversation. "Wait. You two knew each other?"

"Throughout the 20s, yes. In Chicago" Rebekah said. "He quite enjoyed playing with his victims then, and he got along with my brother. So much so my brother didnt kill him for being with me"

Bonnie frowned, immediately disliking every word that came out of her mouth. "Well, humanity or not, it seems he came back to his senses considering how dismissive he is of you now."

"You don't know anything about me" Rebekah said, scowling a little at the witch's words. If it were up to her, she would have already ripped the girl's throat out

"You're right I don't. But you're not exactly making it easy for me to believe you're a good person." Bonnie said with a slight frown.

"I never said I was. Though neither is Stefan, based on your moral scale. Stefan was the life of the party in the 20s. He had a list of victims. Everyone he killed all written on a wall. He even taught Niklaus tricks, such as choosing a victim and making a husband drink his wife's blood" Rebekah said, causing Stefan chuckle at the memory.

"I ought to try that sometime if your brother decides to let me loose instead of ordering me around. I would be much better company" Stefan said with a smirk.

"Mmm. I'm sure you would be" Rebekah said, taking a seat beside Stefan, despite her previous frustrations with him.

Klaus' gaze remained on Hope for a few more seconds before finally following her out of the room. He headed into the basement first to get what he needed and then made his way into the living room.

He approached Elena and looked at her with a smirk. "Now then. Stay still." He ordered as her began looking for a vein in her arm.

Elena tensed up as Klaus approached. "What are you doing?" She questioned nervously. She knew there was no point fighting it. She could tell, but she was confused on why he needed her blood. And she knew it was useless to fight

Rebekah frowned slightly at what Klaus was doing, looking curious and confused. "Does this mean we can't kill her?" She asked, still a bit irritated Stefan had given her necklace away

Klaus ignored Elena's question as he carefully inserted the needle in her arm and made sure her blood was actually coming out. "Not just yet. There's something I need to be certain of." He said briefly glancing at Rebekah before turning his attention back to Elena.

After Damon searched throughout the town he finally noticed there was a car near the mansion Klaus had been staying in just a few months ago. He frowned and sped up to it, not hesitating as he went inside. His eyes widened when he saw Elena and then Stefan appearing completely casual. What was wrong with him?

"Damon." Klaus smirked but didn't take his gaze off Elena. "Take care of him for me will you Hope?"

Hope did a hand motion, and suddenly Damon was flying back against the wall as she walked closer to him. She didn't really want to fight the man that donated the Salvatore house to be the school. So she was slightly hesitant.

"Damon, I was wondering when you would show up. After all, we all know how hopelessly you rush to Elena's rescue" Stefan said, standing up and going to pour himself a glass.

Damon groaned softly as his back collided with the wall. He forced himself to ignore Stefan's comment for now, since it was now obvious to him that his humanity was off or he was compelled. Either way he couldn't deal with him right now. His priority was Elena. Grabbing the first sharp object he could get his hands on, he didn't hesitate before shoving it deep into Hope's stomach.

Klaus quickly looked away from Elena when he heard the sound and his eyes widened in both shock and concern. He normally wouldn't have cared if some random witch died, but she was different. She was the only person who didn't see him as an abomination. "Rebekah help her. Now." He called out knowing  he had to deal with Damon.

Hope gritted her teeth in pain as she felt the sharp object go into her stomach. She placed a sleeping spell on Damon and slowly pulled out the sharp object, tossing it to the side. She could feel her body starting to heal itself since the wound wasn't fatal enough to kill her before she could heal.

Rebekah scowled but went to help her. She bit into her wrist to help her but stopped before she did anything. "Nik, she is healing"

Klaus felt relieved as Damon suddenly collapsed on the floor thanks to Hope's spell, as that was one less thing he had to deal with. When he heard Rebekah however he finally tore his attention away from Elena completely and quickly walked over to Hope.

"Wait what? That's impossible." He frowned observing the wound that was sure enough, healing. "How did you do that?" He whispered meeting Hope's eyes.