lxxi. LOVE TRIANGLE (s.s) (one)

A/N – You guys know I've been wanting to write this for a while. I'm warning you now, Tom and Seb are both assholes in this, but it gets better in the next part.

—— ——

It had begun as a joke, a playful rivalry. Something that was played up for the cameras, something that the fans enjoyed – the feud between Tom Holland and Sebastian Stan was the talking point of many conventions and interviews. In truth, there was no bad blood between the two actors – until they met you.

You were playing the role of Lenora Lafferty in a new Netflix gothic thriller, The Devil All The Time. Although you didn't have many scenes with Tom or Sebastian, the three of you became incredibly close, forming a comfortable friendship which you were sure would continue even after filming wrapped.

The rumours started after some behind the scenes set photos were released online. Initially, it was just innocent speculation; has anybody noticed the way Tom is looking at Y/N? Someone has a crush! Are Y/N and Sebastian dating? They would be cute together. However, as time went on, fans became increasingly perceptive, eventually drawing a completely valid conclusion...

A love triangle was beginning to unfold.

At first, you refused to believe it. It sounded like the plot of some far-fetched teen romance movie – and besides, how could this possibly be happening to you, of all people? Why would two of the most talented, best looking men in the industry even think about fighting over you?

But then the evidence started piling up. Both of them would rush to make plans with you, to walk you back to your trailer in the evening, even to insist on being present during every take of every single one of your scenes. Quite frankly, you were flattered by their attention – and you were also starting to think that maybe everyone was right.

Still, you tried not to get your hopes up. At least, until one day when they'd both greeted you with huge bear hugs and you'd then spotted them glaring at each other with expressions of pure, unbridled rage. That was all the confirmation you needed – something was going on, and you were determined to get to the bottom of it.

So, you came up with a sneaky scheme. It was simple, really; send a few mixed signals, make them both a little jealous, provoke them just enough for them to finally snap and confess their feelings. And then, the part that you were absolutely dreading – you'd have to choose between them.

Well, to an extent, you'd already made your choice – you'd had your eye on Sebastian since the moment you'd met him. But it was letting Tom down that you were afraid of, not to mention finding a way to relieve the undeniable tension and awkwardness that would cloud your friendship after the truth was revealed. It would be tough, but necessary.

You put your plan into action as soon as possible; in this case, on a dreary Monday morning. You'd just returned to set after a short break from filming and, just as you'd expected, both Tom and Sebastian were waiting for you to arrive.

"Y/N!" they spoke in unison, each almost vying to be louder than the other. You chuckled to yourself, shaking your head in disbelief as you greeted them both with a hug.

"I missed you," Sebastian whispered in your ear, letting his arms linger around your waist for a few seconds longer than usual. Your heartbeat sped up significantly and you knew you were blushing, although you tried to keep your cool anyway.

Of course, Tom noticed. His own face flushed red, but out of envy rather than affection. Typically, he was a pretty calm and positive person – he'd certainly never experienced feelings like this before. He wanted you desperately, yet it was as if he was watching you slip through his fingers, through no fault of his own.

Smiling, you unlocked your trailer, beckoning both men through the doorway. Sebastian quickly picked up your bags, helping to carry them inside – a true gentleman, as always. While he was occupied, Tom took the opportunity to place a gentle kiss to your cheek.

"What was that for?" you questioned lightly, tilting your head in mock confusion.

"I didn't get to hug you all weekend, I've gotta make up for it somehow," he joked, offering you a shy yet cheeky grin.

You opened your mouth to respond, but you were cut off by a loud announcement over the speaker system, calling you to set. You were starting to feel absolutely heartless for essentially leading Tom on, so while you reached to grab your costume gear, you silently vowed to talk to him privately as soon as you were able to.

A little over an hour later, after a few distracted stumbles on your part, your first scene of the day was fully shot. You immediately glanced around the room for your two admirers, surprised to see that, for once, neither of them were present. Seizing your chance, you scurried away from the cameras and rounded the corner of the studio – however, you then caught a glimpse of something that made you stop in your tracks.

They were stood facing each other, both of them were seething, fists clenched, eyes narrowed. You crept closer until you were within earshot of the conversation.

"I met her first." Tom's voice was cold, his aggressive tone wavering slightly.

"What, two hours before I did? What does that matter?"

"No, I met her in—"

"Look, with all due respect, I don't care. As soon as she's done filming for the day, I'm asking her on a date," Sebastian retaliated.

"Not if I ask her first."

"And what makes you think she would ever like you?"

"What makes you think she wouldn't like me?" It was cocky, a low blow, but Tom was running out of options. It was all too much, too soon. "I think—"

"I don't give a fuck about what you think, you don't deserve her!"

The words echoed throughout the bare room and you flinched as if you'd been slapped in the face, before finally stepping forward to intervene. Both men turned to stare at you, regret and shock evident in their features as they rushed to defend themselves. Suddenly overwhelmed, tears welled in your eyes and you dashed away from them, heading for the safety and relative calm of your trailer.

Alone again, Tom and Sebastian faced each other once more, this time without the intention to fight, but with the devastating realisation that now, maybe neither of them would ever get a chance with you. That maybe you were too good for the pair of them.

"Shit."

TO BE CONTINUED.